Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to Update from 2014? [edited]

southernsam
southernsam Member
edited March 12 in Before you Buy
How to I update from 2014 to current Home and Business version of Quicken. I have two separate files on my 2014 and need to keep them separate.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    You purchase a subscription to Quicken H&B from either quicken.com or a 3rd party retailer (Walmart, Amazon, Staples usually cheaper) and install it on your computer. Start Quicken and open your data file(s) which will be converted to the current format.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • MaryPartridge
    MaryPartridge Member
    I've found that Quicken will slurp up all quicken files on your computer when you update. My fix, set up a new directory (called something that absolutely does not say Quicken) about three folders deep and change the name. Bury your old version and your old Quicken files in that folder. For good measure I also copy the old data files onto an external device then take it into the other room (just in case). Now install your new version.
    After the new version is installed and running to your satisfaction. Go into the buries folder, find the old Quicken icon for that program. Put it on your screen. Then attach that icon to the qw.exe file in the buried program. You might also want to rename the icon to signal that it is the 2014 program.
    I've used this for years and it works. It only took me 15 years to figure this out.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MaryPartridge, you can only have 1 version of Quicken installed on your computer.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.