Allstate Online Bill no longer works

Trying to add in Allstate as an online biller is no longer working. It suddenly started not being able to download bills and now rejects my credentials. I checked my credentials against the Allstate website itself, and they're good, but they are rejected inside of Quicken.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13
    Hello @Borisvolodnikov

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing your online biller profile for Allstate and the error message is incorrect credentials. I do not see any additional details.

If you are sure that the password is correct, I would next suggest resetting the password and see if you can successfully sign in.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • I did that. I can still log in via the website, and I still cannot login via the Quicken app.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Borisvolodnikov

Thank you for the response and the clarification.

I have gone ahead and reported this issue that you are experiencing. Please allow 48 hours before attempting to update/add the bill again.

Please let me know if the trouble persists after waiting 48 hours.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • thgoepel
    thgoepel Mac Beta Beta
    Hello @Quicken_Tyka,

I am running into the same issue with Allstate as @Borisvolodnikov. Allstate had been working great in the past, but since early March it had stopped. I tried to update the password, change the password on the Allstate side and then update, non of that worked. Then finally I decided to unlink the eBill and relink and now I am getting the same error: Incorrect username or password.

The username and password is definitely correct as I can login with it on the Allstate website and the Allstate mobile app. So it must be something on your side that is not working.

Please look into that and let us know when it is fixed.

Thank you!
    Thomas
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for grins, please make sure that your insurance company's userID and password have not been copied and pasted into Quicken with a trailing blank. "Password_" is not equal to "Password" (where the _underscore is a trailing blank)
    And if you're about to be late with making your payment, I recommend you logon directly to the insurance website and authorize them to direct debit the next (and all future) payments from your checking account or a credit card. The insurance will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late. Just record a scheduled reminder that is not an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.
    I recently had a similar problem with a paper check getting lost. Direct debit saved me from being late with my payments.
  • thgoepel
    thgoepel Mac Beta Beta
    Definitely ensured that there is no blank or space in the username or password and even went that far to change to a simple password to see if any special character is causing the problem. But clearly it is an issue with Quicken and the login to the b iller website at Allstate.
    And agree for now the best solution is to do direct billing at Allstate to at least ensure the bills are paid on time. Although that is just an interim and not a solution for the problem.
  • badagliacca
    badagliacca Member ✭✭
    I am seeing same issue. Onlne login ok. Same user id and password in quicken not ok. no trailng/leading spaces.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. There is an ongoing issue with the All-State biller at this time.

The "health" of the biller is showing as Degraded meaning that errors for this bill are increasing.

This has been reported to our service provider and they are aware and working on the issue. I do not have an ETA that they are able to provide at this time.

I apologize for not having better news to share at this time.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • RobGNC
    RobGNC Member
    Exact Same Issue. Was working for years. No spaces, etc. Now doesn't work at all.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @RobGNC

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. I have checked the status of Allstate and it is showing improvement.

If you have not done so already, can you please change your password with Allstate and attempt to connect in Quicken once more?

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • thgoepel
    thgoepel Mac Beta Beta
    Hi @Quicken_Tyka,

unfortunately this has not improved at all. Still the same situation. You can log into Allstate on the website and the account is all fine. But quicken bill pay cannot login and always comes back with error on the password.

I have changed the password and still same issue.

Please escalate this to the technical team and have them work on a permanent fix. 

Thanks!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @thgoepel

Thank you for the response! I have gone ahead and reported this issue to our service provider.

Please allow 48 hours before attempting to update once more. Please let me know if the trouble persists at that time.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • badagliacca
    badagliacca Member ✭✭
    Changed id and password. and still get "invalid username or password, please try again" message.
  • Jim Driscoll
    Jim Driscoll Member ✭✭
    Same here! I won't bore you with the details it's the same as everyone else.
  • bella
    bella Member
    Ditto as everyone above!?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @badagliacca, @Jim Driscoll, @bella

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report that you are also experiencing this issue with Allstate. 

Our service provider is aware of the issue and working towards a solution. I do not have an ETA that I can provide but have reported that you all are still experiencing this issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Lyle Murray
    Lyle Murray Member
    I am also having the same issue as everyone else here. Just adding my name to the list so I can see any updates as they come in.
  • RW99
    RW99 Member
    Same issue here. Will not login to allstate.com. Deleted biller from Quicken. When I try to add again all I get is "Invalid credentials". Web login works fine.
  • sethbu97
    sethbu97 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. New user to QMac. Just moved over from PC. My software on the PC is still active and AllState IS working on that one with the same credentials. Only happening on the Mac.
  • sethbu97
    sethbu97 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @badagliacca, @"Jim Driscoll", @bella
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report that you are also experiencing this issue with Allstate. 
    >
    > Our service provider is aware of the issue and working towards a solution. I do not have an ETA that I can provide but have reported that you all are still experiencing this issue.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > -Quicken Tyka

Hi - any update on this? It's still not working.
  • rkellerjr
    rkellerjr Member
    As of this post, still not working. Nothing but challenges with this new version that uses direct billing over the internet. Sorting doesn't work in the billing area, instead groupings are used which is STUPID! Sure wish there was a competitor at this point.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?
    To avoid missed payments, I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit the next (and perhaps all future) payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late. In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder that does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• RW99
    RW99 Member
    Allstate is still not working for me.