I have a difference in amount on an account page from that account on net worth paage.

I closed an account 2 years ago. The account page show a zero balance. My net worth report shows a balance of $97,000 from the date I closed it. How do I clear that?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @slwbroker

This problem could have a few different causes.  When you refer to the "account page" do you mean the register balance?  Also, what is the date at the tp of the Net Worth report?

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • slwbroker
    slwbroker Member
    Thanks for the response. The register balance has been zero for two years. On the net worth report the $97,000 showed up the month after I closed the account and has been there ever since
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @slwbroker

I am trying to understand the information you have provided.  You said "The account page show a zero balance." Can you tell me exactly where this is or what it looks like.  If possible, you can drag and drop a snip or pdf file of it into your next reply message here.

Also - what is the category or line tittle of the entry the net worth report where it appears (again - if you can drag & drop a picture of it, it would be helpful for my understanding.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • slwbroker
    slwbroker Member
    The account is an investment account. The register where my transactions (purchases, sales, dividends and interest) were entered is now zero. I have other people investment accounts separately. Even though I no longer have that investment account, my net worth statement still lists that investment account with a balance.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you see when you "click through" that dollar amount shown on the Net Worth report?  Can you see that nice round $97,000 as a line item?  If the Account has a zero balance the inflows and outflows shown at the bottom should be the same.
    A precautionary file validation and repair
    File > File Operations > Copy... and then File > File Operations > Validate and Repair on the copied file might clear things up.