Any update on StateFarm for QuickPay

Just looking for an update on State farm. The state farm bookmark that I have has not been updated in a long time.

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @driverjw

Thank you for the response and for following up with the issue. The alert has been updated to ongoing.

State Farm is currently preventing you from linking your bills. We are doing everything we can to work with them, but there are restrictions they have put in place that prevent us from accessing your billing data. Feel free to contact State Farm directly and ask them to provide you access.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭
    I saw the update that it was working so I tried adding it again and I am getting the same error that I always got. It says "Account is locked. Login to your biller's web site to check the status of the account" I logged in just fine to the website as always. Is there still an issue?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @driverjw

Thank you for the response and for following up with the issue. The alert has been updated to ongoing.

State Farm is currently preventing you from linking your bills. We are doing everything we can to work with them, but there are restrictions they have put in place that prevent us from accessing your billing data. Feel free to contact State Farm directly and ask them to provide you access.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Tyka
    Thank you for the suggestion to contact State Farm. However, I have tried previously to contact their tech support to no avail. Whom do you suggest we try to contact?
    Thanks much,
    C

Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier
  • elvee
    elvee Member ✭✭
    What is happening Quicken_Tyka???

I received an email 2 hours ago that said the problem was fixed.

"Quicken_Tyka just added a comment in Alerts & Known Product Issues: Known Issue: State Farm Insurance Biller
    Hello all,
    The State Farm biller has stabilized and is now available.

Thank you for your patience throughout this issue.

-Quicken Tyka"

I followed the link to that message and there was some graphic showing that it did in fact work. I tried adding the bills again and got the message that State Farm was blocking access. I verified my account was working and did this through a validated sign on.

I followed the link again and an hour later the original message was edited and now says it is not working. There is not any reason stated why there was an edit. It was not really an edit but a new message that conflicted with the previous message from Tyka.

I do not see any reason that Quicken cannot get these bills working properly. My bank has been doing it for years with no glitches or blocking.

Please give us an hones update of what the problem really is and actions being taken to solve it. I look forward to a quick response

Thank you
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭
    I would be happy to contact state farm. Can you give me some details on what group or person to contact?
  • GIWalt
    GIWalt Member ✭✭
    I have never been able to get State Farm to connect to Quicken. Getting same message as noted above.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Avoid late fees and penalty interest rates!

If you're about to be late with making your payment due to failures in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay), I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit the next (and perhaps all future) payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.
    Just record a scheduled reminder that is not an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭
    Sure thanks but that is not why I purchased Quicken.