Credit Card Bill not showing full Statement Balance just Minimum Payment [Citi]

My Citi credit card in "Bills and Income" only shows minimum payment due not the full statement balance all of a sudden. How do I change this back to show both?

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

We appreciate you reporting this issue to the community, although we sincerely apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Thanks to your engagement, we were able to identify the root of this issue and have since resolved this behavior. Going forward, the statement balance for Citi should be accurate.

Thank you, once again, for playing a vital part in the investigation and in the fix through reporting in the community and submitting the 'Report a Problem" reports.

Sarah

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @gogottliebs88

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look on our side to see if I could refresh it to show your side. You should be able to go to bills and income tab then click on the gear in the top right. From there click on validate billers.

Once you've had a chance to try see if you're able to see any difference in the bills and income screen. Let me know once you get the chance!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• gogottliebs88
    gogottliebs88 Member ✭✭
    This didn't work it still only refreshed the minimum payment and does not give me the choice for the balance due, like other credit cards do.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @gogottliebs88

Thanks for letting me know. Lets try to see if we may be able to fix it by deleting and readding the biller. We can do this in the bills and income tab. Click on the gear in the top right  and go to manage online billers. From here you can delete the biller.. After deleting it try to readd the biller so we're able to see if we have the same issue. 

Let me know if you're able to get both options available after trying this. If you aren't we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • gogottliebs88
    gogottliebs88 Member ✭✭
    I just tried that and got the same issue, it defaults to the minimum amount and not an option to change to the current statement balance. I find this frustrating so in the income/bill reminders I turned the estomate amount on and chose the amount of the credit card balance, so now it will fluctuate to whatever the actual updated balance is each time I update. This is better than having the minimum displayed but overestimates what is owed. I don't have this issue with any of my other credit card accounts, only with the Citi Card account.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @gogottliebs88

Thanks for the update IN this case It would best best to contact Quicken Support  and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so. This will give us a more hands on approach to try fixing the issue. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same problem with the same credit card (Citibank).  I removed and added it again but never got the choice to select the option to pay the full balance due.  R34.24
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Home
  • Same problem here as well with two Citibank credit cards. Shows only minimum due. I looked at the online statement from Citibank and then tried to pay the full balance, but when quicken attempted to pay the full balance using quick pay, I got an email saying the biller refused the full amount and would only accept the minimum payment. Talked to Quicken tech support, and they said it was a Citibank problem. Talked to Citibank technical support and they said they will look into and get back to me. Credit card bills from other banks in bill manager show both the new balance and minimum due, and I can pay either.
  • ramrhein
    ramrhein Member ✭✭
    I also have the same issue with Citibank cards. Only the Minimum amount due shows in Bills and Income
  • elvee
    elvee Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem with Citi Card. The display presented for one Citi Card shows  Citi Cards "Type Bank   Account XXXX" for one card. The other card shows Citi "Type Bank  Account XXXX". My Discover card shows Discover Card and the next line shows Discover Card. Discover Card works as it should and shows minimum payment and full payment. Citi Card used to do that also. It has just changed recently and started showing this as a bank account and with different names in the list. I have tried refreshing bot accounts and deleting and adding the Citi account with no change.
  • Clearly bill manager is only retrieving partial billing data for Citi credit cards. I have spoken with both Quicken tech support and Citi tech support. Neither could resolve the problem. Is it too much to ask that Quicken tech support reach out to Citi tech support and properly diagnose and fix this problem? As others have noted, this only recently began to happen. So, some technical change was made that is causing this problem. Quicken, please be proactive and reach out to Citi and fix this problem!
  • I am having this same problem. It has only been happening for a few months - after an update maybe this summer - and only with my Citi card. Previously, the ebill would show Citi's balance as the amount due (good for me, because I tend to pay off in full each month). Now "Minimum Due" is "N/A" and "Amount Due" is equal to Citi's minimum due for the bill. I've unlinked, relinked, etc, but always the same.
  • jeffbw
    jeffbw Member ✭✭
    Same issue for me. On Mac. All other credit cards populate the full amount. I just added a Citi card and it populates the minimum amount due.
  • The Merg
    The Merg Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'll jump on the bandwagon with the issue on my end as well with Citibank.

- Merg
  • MISTERM
    MISTERM Member
    Same problem here!
  • Terry
    Terry Member ✭✭
    Same here. Citi has no idea why they are only accepting minimum payments but I suspect it has something to do with us not being able to select between min payment and balance from the drop down menu like we used to be able to do..
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

We appreciate you reporting this issue to the community, although we sincerely apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Thanks to your engagement, we were able to identify the root of this issue and have since resolved this behavior. Going forward, the statement balance for Citi should be accurate.

Thank you, once again, for playing a vital part in the investigation and in the fix through reporting in the community and submitting the 'Report a Problem" reports.

Sarah
  • Rx
    Rx Member ✭✭
    Hi Sarah,
    When will this update be live? I am asking because I have the same problem with a Chase VISA card. Shows minimum payment vs. full amount due. Thanks!