Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Chase Direct Connect Problem

I have been using Quicken for the past 10 years or so. Just within the last week or so, my Chase credit card accounts changed to web express connect for some unknown reason. I have tried many time here to switch to Direct Connect but can seem to make the change. Had a similar problem with Discover Card and Citi credit cards but was able to change to Direct Connect with no problem. It my two Chase credit card accounts that I can not seem to change to Direct Connect. Any help will be appreciated.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    @George - Lakeland Fl

Thanks for the update. It might also help trying to contact  Quicken Support via phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps. This will also let us see exactly what is happening so we're able to try to see what exactly is going on.  I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you. If you are able to solve the issue with chase let us know as well!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Answers

• Quicken Francisco

Hello @George - Lakeland Fl

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd that it's switches back. I'm wondering here if we set it up as if it were a new account and link it during the setup if we're able to fix the issue. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Last we'll want to add like it's a new account you can do this by going across the top to tools > add account. Make sure when you're selecting chase to use direct connect. I'll leave a link down below. 

After you've signed in make sure that your accounts link to the existing ones in the register. Note I believe Chase may have you sign in to enable third party access again so double check that.

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know how it goes. If you're still having trouble we can see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• I followed your directions above and what was in the video for both of my Chase credit cards. However, I noticed that I did not get the screen in which you would select Direct Connect. The rest of the screens were similar to what was in the video. I also did get a security code from Chase to enter into the setup process. My setup is still Express Web Connect. Is there something I need to enable on the Chase website? If so, how do I do that. It appears that Chase recently changed there security setup on there website.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @George - Lakeland Fl

Thanks for letting me know. We may need to select direct connect a bit differently when you're signing in instead see if in the bottom left of the sign in screen you're able to see the advanced options button. I'll leave a photo down below.

From there you'll be able to select direct connect instead. Let me know if this helps you out. If you run into any issues let us know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I followed your directions above and what was in the video for both of my Chase credit cards. However, I noticed that I did not get the screen in which you would select Direct Connect. The rest of the screens were similar to what was in the video. I also did get a security code from Chase to enter into the setup process. My setup is still Express Web Connect. Is there something I need to enable on the Chase website? If so, how do I do that. It appears that Chase recently changed there security setup on there website.
    Hi @""George - Lakeland Fl" ,

You need to call Chase Bank and ask them. Chase may have dropped Direct Connect for Credit Cards, because you can't write Checks, as you can for Checking Accounts or Money Market Accounts.

See this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21359.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.928

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For what it is worth, I have two credit cards and one savings account setup with Chase and Direct Connect and have no problems with them.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Thanks for all your help. I was able to find the screen to select Direct Connect; however, after that screen page all I got was a screen that said to call Chase. All I have with Chase is two credit cards, maybe I need either a checking account or savings account. Will try and call Chase this coming week to find out. Once again thanks for your help.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Accepted Answer
    @George - Lakeland Fl

Thanks for the update. It might also help trying to contact  Quicken Support via phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps. This will also let us see exactly what is happening so we're able to try to see what exactly is going on.  I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you. If you are able to solve the issue with chase let us know as well!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• grubens
    grubens Member
    We have two credit card accounts with Chase. One stopped being able to connect about five days ago while the other continues to connect without issue. The error message keeps saying it is a Quicken connection issue. Any help to resolve is appreciated.