OnPoint Credit Union (OPCU) error OL-295-A error sporadically, had same issue in Feb/Mar 2020

OnPoint Credit Union hasn't been consistently updating in Quicken since March 3, 2021 Code OL-295-A has been the most consistent error code. I deactivated and reactivated (using same day backup file) on 3/4/2021 but that didn't resolve it that day. Called OPCU help on 3/6/2021 to verify no errors on their side, updated on 3/9/2021 at 9:15 pm and all transactions started downloading again. These are the errors from each unsuccessful download:
3/12/2021 - OL-296-A
3/13/2021 - OL-293-A
3/14/2021 - OL-253-A

In 2020 I had the same issue in February/March and spent hours in chat with Quicken on 2 separate occasions (I downloaded the chat log from 3/4/2020). I've contacted OnPoint help but they have didn't see an issue from their end last year or this year. In 2020 I escalated the issue to an OnPoint supervisor twice but to date, they never identified an issue. In 2020 I didn't note the initial error codes & dates but I have others.
Stop - 2/14/2020 Start - 2/17/2020
Stop - 2/21/2020 Start - 3/4/2020: Called OPCU on 2/23/2020 bank identified no errors
Stop - 3/06/2020 Start - ? the backups were saved to the cloud after 3/06/2020 - I'm not sure how to look those up. I'll post the final start date if/when I find it.
Please know I've checked all settings in windows, I had the latest update to Quicken in 2020 and now in 2021. The other online accounts are updating without errors and I've deactivated and activated the accounts multiple times in 2020 and now in 2021.

Additionally, in both 2020 and now 2021 after deactivating and reactivating a pop-up noted that I had problems with a few transactions, but I didn't save that pop-up, unfortunately. Both years the reconciled balances in OnPoint and 2 credit card payments were off. Somehow reconciled payments or transfers were deleted and I had to make an entry to rebalance.

Who else is having a similar issue?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @monannsan8,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, could you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Set Up Now), please?

If needed, please follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • monannsan8
    monannsan8 Member ✭✭
    Year: 2020
    Version: R31.20
    Build: 27.1.31.20
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @monannsan8

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd that it's switches back. I'm wondering here if we set it up as if it were a new account and link it during the setup if we're able to fix the issue. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Last we'll want to add like it's a new account you can do this by going across the top to tools > add account. Make sure when you're selecting chase to use direct connect. I'll leave a link down below. 

After you've signed in make sure that your accounts link to the existing ones in the register. Note I believe Chase may have you sign in to enable third party access again so double check that.

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know how it goes. If you're still having trouble we can see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• NorthwestRambler
    NorthwestRambler Unconfirmed, Member
    I'm seeing the same issues with a different credit union.  the problems started in February. I get the OL-295A error message during most updates.  Every couple days i can connect successfully, then the next day it's reverts back to the OL-295A message.
  • monannsan8
    monannsan8 Member ✭✭
    edited March 16
    I've spent hours and hours going through the steps with Quicken help in 2020 and nothing worked.

8:30 AM PST (Tuesday March 16 2021) my accounts connected fine. No error messages.

2:46 PST (Same day) OPCU accounts didn't update and I was given the usual error code OL-295A.
  • monannsan8
    monannsan8 Member ✭✭
    March 19 2021 7:30 pm all accounts updated correctly, no error messages. Fingers crossed it stays this way!
  • monannsan8
    monannsan8 Member ✭✭
    April 12 & 13 2021 Credit Union accounts would not update - Error code OL-295
  • monannsan8
    monannsan8 Member ✭✭
    May 4 & 5, 2021 Credit Union accounts would not update - Error code OL-295-A
  • jammom123
    jammom123 Member
    monannsan8 - I read your lengthy message of March 14 and I have had exactly the same problems/ experience...hours on the phone with both OnPoint and Quicken each blaming the other for the problem. My sense is that it is with Quicken. I've taken ALL the steps they (Quicken) suggest to no avail. I have also been told to clear my cache/cookies which did work last year for a while but as of a couple of days ago (May 7, 2021) I cannot get my accounts to download no matter what time of day I try it (for a while it was pretty consistent if I ran the update early in the morning). SO FRUSTRATING! I'm consistently getting the OL-295-A message all the time now. Did you ever find a solution?
  • monannsan8
    monannsan8 Member ✭✭
    Hi! I'm glad you chimed in too! Nothing suggested by Quicken has helped, I'm certain it's an issue with Quicken but they aren't tracking it so I'm doing it here. I'll keep noting the error here it until it stops.
    This week I wasn't able to update May 4 - May 6. On May 7th I was able to update in the afternoon. Same with you?
  • knapp
    knapp Member
    Erratic with me, too. I get partial downloads, sometimes with a 404 error, sometimes with other error codes. I don't know whether the problem is with Quicken, though. About six months ago, OnPoint was announcing that it meant to add two-factor authentication for downloads via Quicken, Mint, etc., then the announcement disappeared.
  • monannsan8
    monannsan8 Member ✭✭
    I've been getting error messages from my OnPoint account since May 19th - today is May 21.
    Error code OL-295A
    Anyone else?
  • monannsan8
    monannsan8 Member ✭✭
    Today is 5/25/2021 @ 11:20 PST - Beginning May 24th Quicken not updating - error code OL-295-A again. Searched the OnPoint website and found the attached instructions, called OnPoint online banking about it. Online banking verified I'm using the most recent version of Quicken and then said the issue is with Quicken, call Quicken support.