Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Reconciled Transactions changed back to Cleared - at least two different accounts

One Checking account and one Line of Credit.  Many transactions, going back over two years, suddenly got their reconcile status changed.

I just noticed this issue today because I am reconciling accounts against monthly statements.  I did not notice this issue when I reconciled these accounts a month ago.

Any ways to prevent this from happening again?
Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this will do the trick, but it might. 
    1. Periodically, like maybe every month, protect historical transactions by File > Set passwords to modify transactions...  You can still modify past transactions if you need to, you just need to enter the password to do so.
    2. Do Edit > Preferences > Notify and make sure "Before changing reconciled transactions" is checked.
    Even before doing that though I'd advise File > File Operations > Copy... and then using the copied file File > File Operations > Validate and Repair...
    What you've described should not happen and I assume it's not "user error" but it could be some sort of data corruption if the file itself.
This discussion has been closed.