Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

PNC Accounts

I haven't been able to update my PNC accounts for several days. Says the website is unavailable -28

Answers

• fbrock77
    fbrock77 Member
    This has persisted for last several days.
  • browri
    browri Member
    +1 here. Been receiving CC-505 for my PNC account since at least yesterday. But I'm sure it was working fine on Saturday 3/13
  • jbudney
    jbudney Unconfirmed, Member
    Add me. Mine was working yesterday 3/15 but not this morning.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @SarahC

I'm not sure, but it could be related to the stimulus checks that are hitting the banks this week.  You might want to try updating later this evening or tomorrow.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I just saw this - there is a known issue with PNC this morning - see this post https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7886914/pnc-bank-errors#latest

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • tshubick
    tshubick Member
    Started having this problem over the weekend again. Tried to reenable the accounts and won't even do that now.
  • b3thomso
    b3thomso Member
    Was able to download over the weekend and now I continue to get an error message that PNC is blocking Intuit from 4am - 5am PST. It is way past that time now and I still get the message.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was finally able to get PNC to work.

I tried reseting connection with no success so I tried adding a new PNC acct. and relinking. It finally works!!
  • Whaddaname
    Whaddaname Member
    This problem has persisted for me since Friday, March 12, 2021. I attempted to add a new account, however the same error was reported.
  • jrponder
    jrponder Member ✭✭
    Hi, add me to the list of folks with the -28 error. I usually try in the early morning, I'll try periodically through the day and see if that makes a difference. getting the same error saying

"Partial Download (-28)"

"FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE:ccscrape.105:URL. PNC is blocking Intuit between 4 AM PST - 5PM PST"

This has been going on since Monday for me....
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Stopped working again for me this morning. UGHHH
  • dperitz
    dperitz Member
    I can not get my account to download either. Tried resetting and still nothing
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jrponder,

Can you tell me which type or types of accounts you are downloading from PNC?  Are they checking, savings, or other deposit type accounts, or are they credit dards, or loans, etc.?

Frankx

• ahochner
    ahochner Member
    I have had this response on Quicken Deluxe Version 6.1.1 (macOS 11.2.3) for my PNC Checking, Money Market, and HELoC accounts:
    Download Error (-28) or Partial Download (-28)
    FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE:ccscrape.105:URL. PNC is blocking Intuit between 4 AM PST - 5 PM PST
    This has gone on for several days. My last successful download was on 03/11.
  • SarahC
    SarahC Member
    It is for my checking, money market, two credit card accounts, and my overdraft protection account. Thanks.
  • feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭
    Still can't get PNC to work!
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Hello Everyone,

Many Financial Institutions are experiencing a higher volume of traffic than normal due to the millions of stimulus payment direct deposit transactions being processed currently.

This is indirectly affecting connections from third party systems, like Quicken, but should self-resolve once the traffic levels have decreased.

Here is also the link to alert as well if you'd like to follow it.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7890198/new-3-11-21-you-may-experience-an-error-adding-or-updating-accounts

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • hwy86
    hwy86 Member ✭✭
    PNC is blocking Quicken web connect, direct connect is working. Why does one work and the other not?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @hwy86,

The reason is the way the connection is made. 

Direct connect is exactly that - a connection with the bank between your computer and the bank's.  Express Web Connect connects through the Web in the same fashion that you do when you log-in to your banks website to review your account data. It then "screen scrapes" the website to gather the data needed to update transactions and balances in the Quicken desktop. And it does that for all accounts of all users once a day.

Given the additional stresses of the government depositing payments and everyone checking accounts to see if they got theirs, it is understandable that the banks would want to protect their systems from overload.

Frankx

• jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭
    I deactivated my PNC CC Express Web Connect yesterday and tried to set it back up with no luck. Tried again this morning and it still won't connect. Below is the error message:
    - Jim S.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18
    Hi @jimshu1,

That makes sense because the same problem (i.e. the inability to connect to the bank) would affect performing a download as well as trying to establish a connection.

I suggest that you try connecting via the "Direct Connect" method.  To do that, you need to specify that method on setup - see the Snip below, which indicates the connection type you should select.

Let me know how that goes,

Frankx

• jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply!

I have always found that PNC credit cards will not use the "Direct Connect" method. Both my PNC Checking and Saving accounts do use it. My PNC credit card never shows up with this connection method.

Plus, to even attempt it per your instructions requires a bunch of changes including changing existing PINS, entering social security numbers etc. I'm not willing to cause all of these problems/changes with my web access, and Q Savings/Checking access, which works fine, unless someone else verifies that they already connect through "Direct Connect" with their PNC CC.
    - Jim S.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @jimshu1

Okay, I was unaware that you were having an issue with your credit card (there are a number of posters on this thread and the information for each can sometimes get confusing).

I agree that, especially at this time where the flood of stimulus payments are causing many banking problems, it makes no sense to go through significant gyrations just to reconnect a credit card, when the issues will subside in a week or so.

Frankx

• Chip
    Chip Member ✭✭
    Usually I can fix it by resetting the checking account and then deleting all the downloaded transactions. This has been going on for months. I spoke to PNC this morning and they basically gave the deer in the headlights look. They finally admitted they turn off their quicken servers during high usage so they don't crash and turn them on at 1:00 PM. It's now 4:00 PM and still not working. Sometimes PNC will admit they have an on going issue with quicken. Yesterday I reset two accounts. Both accounts changed the date and the amounts of the opening balance. I finally figured that out and fixed it. PNC bank is still having issues.
  • lgquick
    lgquick Member
    Alright, quicken, its been over a week since I could last update my PNC account.. no error, just doesn't update.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @lgquick,

Can you tell us the type or types of accounts @ PNC that you are having problems with? 

Also let us know:
    a) Are you a Windows or Mac user;
    b) the connection method for each (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, Web Connect);
    c) whether you are receiving any error codes.

Frankx

• jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭
    My Express Web Connect is now working to PNC credit cards. I've never had an issue with Direct Connect to checking or savings.

I ended up deactivating my PNC CC online access and reestablishing it to get it to work.
    - Jim S.
  • lgquick
    lgquick Member
    I finally resorted to deactivating it and reactivating it and it got going again. It seems like the authorization on the quick connect eventually expires and we have to go through the login process again to get it reactivated, but we're never presented with that.