Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How can I enter a previous instance of income

I needed to delete a paycheck that I had entered using Bills & Income (scheduled transactions) and need to retroactively add it back. However when I try to "edit this instance" of the current paycheck, it tells me I can't add a date in the past.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16 Accepted Answer
    Hi @harry askenazi

Yes, there is an easier way to fix your issue than trying to adjust the reminder.  Since most paychecks are very similar in terms of amounts and deductions, I would suggest that you simply copy a recent paycheck and then edit the date (and any other fields as necessary) after you add the copy to the register.  Here are the steps you should take:

1) Locate a recent paycheck transaction that has similar amounts to the one you need to replace in the register;
    2) Place the cursor anywhere n the date field and right-click;
    3) In the pop-up menu select "Copy transaction(s)";
    4) Move the cursor to date field of the first open line in the register and right-click;
    5) In the pop-up menu select "Paste transaction(s)";
    6) Edit the date field to change it to the date of the transaction you originally deleted and edit all other fields, as needed, to match the deleted payroll transaction.

Let me know if you have any followups or questions.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16 Accepted Answer
    Hi @harry askenazi

Yes, there is an easier way to fix your issue than trying to adjust the reminder.  Since most paychecks are very similar in terms of amounts and deductions, I would suggest that you simply copy a recent paycheck and then edit the date (and any other fields as necessary) after you add the copy to the register.  Here are the steps you should take:

1) Locate a recent paycheck transaction that has similar amounts to the one you need to replace in the register;
    2) Place the cursor anywhere n the date field and right-click;
    3) In the pop-up menu select "Copy transaction(s)";
    4) Move the cursor to date field of the first open line in the register and right-click;
    5) In the pop-up menu select "Paste transaction(s)";
    6) Edit the date field to change it to the date of the transaction you originally deleted and edit all other fields, as needed, to match the deleted payroll transaction.

Let me know if you have any followups or questions.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -