Deleted the Business Income Group by mistake. I have tried all of the Help Q&A without success.

I have deleted the Business Income Group in error. I still show the Business Expenses Group. I have tried for two days to add the Business Income back in without success. Not sure what to do next.

Answers

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    There might be other fixes, but you can always just reinstall the Quicken program fresh. It will not delete you data files, but I would certainly back up the data files in a separate location. 
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first troubleshooting step would be to restore your most recent backup that was taken before the deletion occurred. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    what exactly did you do to delete the Business Income Group?
    Did you actually delete all individual categories associated with it?
    Or did you hide them?
    Which Quicken window are you looking at to see the group?
    Give us some more details, please and include screen snapshots of the Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian)
    Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian) SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware that there was a way to add or delete category groups. How did you do it? Does the group no longer appear in the left pane in the Category List or is it just empty of categories?

Possible solutions:
    Even if you deleted all the categories in the Business Income group (Canadian Edition), you can add them back in by adding Income categories. The key to get them into the Business Income Group is to make the Tax Related on the second tab of the New Category dialogue box. For example, if you want the income associated with Tax Line T2125 Prof.: Professional Fees, then you need to make that association on the second tab of the New Category dialougue box. If you don't associate the new category with a Tax Line, it defaults to personal income.

Alternatively, you could export the standard categories from one quicken file and import such into your working file, but... I would stick with the first method unless you have a lot of business income categories. Quicken Canada comes with only five standard business income categories, so I assume we aren't talking about a long list of categories?