Downloading transactions already cleared

Starting with version R32.10, direct connect downloads from Discover are pulling in transactions already cleared and not matching them to the cleared transactions. Instead, they are presented as new transactions.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni mod
    edited March 19
    Hello @Tim Johnson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

To clarify the issue, are you seeing duplicate transactions download or the transactions just not matching? 

Lastly, please Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Tim Johnson
    Tim Johnson Member ✭✭
    What I'm seeing is a duplication of some transactions downloaded, and they are not matched to the already cleared transactions. Further, when I try to manually match them to the already cleared transactions, those transactions are not visible in the list of possible matches.

I'm not seeing the Tools menu you are referring to. I'm using the Firefox browser, so I don't know if this is a Firefox issue, or something else.

As far as the connection type, I am using Direct Connect for these downloads.
  • Tim Johnson
    Tim Johnson Member ✭✭
    OK. I see the Tools menu you are referring to is on the Quicken program. For the Discover account the connection type is Express Web Connect. I'm actually surprised it is different from my Visa account which is Direct Connect.

The Discover Express Web Connect is the one for which I'm seeing this problem.
  • J Smith
    J Smith Member ✭✭
    I am reporting the same issue for my Discover card. Using 31.20 via Express Web Connect.

I also note that this issue has existed on my USAA card for at least a month without resolution. Dialogue on this site lead me to believe is was a USAA problem. That view is now questionable given the Discover occurrence. USAA connects via Direct Connect.

Please respond and provide guidance.
  • wcook2
    wcook2 Member
    Maybe late to the party but I've had two occasions in the past week where Discover transactions for cleared items duplicated. This is a new issue for me. I've had one off mismatched transactions where Quicken didn't recognize a match between what I had manually entered and what what downloaded but this is a wholesale dump of duplicate transactions.
  • J Smith
    J Smith Member ✭✭
    My Discover experience is brand new but is my first transaction on the card since 12/2020 Store transaction date was 3/14/21 probably came thru One-Step on the morning of 3/17 and the repeat offender came through this morning (3/23).
  • rcar6405
    rcar6405 Member
    edited April 3
    [Removed-Off-Topic]
  • Brian Leonard
    Brian Leonard Member
    edited April 3
    [Removed- Off-Topic]
This discussion has been closed.