My Quicken keeps freezing

I've searched the community here before posting this question.

I've done the validation of the file. I've reloaded the software. I've done everything suggested in this community to the letter.

I still can't get the program to stop freezing.

Whenever I reload the program, it'll work for one or two sessions over a few days, but then it goes back to freezing.

It does it when I'm either entering bills or a paycheck, where I'll click onto Enter and I get the perpetual wheel turning on my screen. If I click the screen again, it brings up the "Not responding" window and I have to shut down the program.

I hoped after the last update this would have been fixed, but apparently not.

I'd appreciate any help I can get here, otherwise I need to look for an alternative that is more reliable than Quicken.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    HI @nancy.l.marine,

Sorry to hear that you are having those problems.

This sounds like the cause could be data file corruption.  After you performed the validation - did it report any issues?  Did you also perform the super validation?  

How long has this been happening?  If it has only been a short time, I suggest that you restore a backup from before it started - if only to confirm that the issue is your datafile.  (Of course if you then determine the data file is corrupted, your potential only course of action at that point would likely be restoring a backup.)

Another thing that you should consider doing is contacting Quicken Support - here's the LINK.

Let us know how things progress.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    HI @nancy.l.marine,

Sorry to hear that you are having those problems.

This sounds like the cause could be data file corruption.  After you performed the validation - did it report any issues?  Did you also perform the super validation?  

How long has this been happening?  If it has only been a short time, I suggest that you restore a backup from before it started - if only to confirm that the issue is your datafile.  (Of course if you then determine the data file is corrupted, your potential only course of action at that point would likely be restoring a backup.)

Another thing that you should consider doing is contacting Quicken Support - here's the LINK.

Let us know how things progress.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -