Reconciled accounts re-downloading old transactions (Q Mac)

Sabrina G
Sabrina G Member ✭✭
I download all of my transactions and reconcile frequently. Lately, when I download (which I do every day), I've been getting several old transactions re-downloaded. This has always happened on an infrequent basis, which is why I reconcile frequently so that they stand out. But in the past couple of weeks, it's every time. Please make it stop.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Sabrina G

Can you tell us which bank or banks is/are downloading duplicates?  Also, which method do you use to connect to the bank?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sabrina G
    Sabrina G Member ✭✭
    It happens across all of my banks. I have CapitalOne 360, checking and money market, SECU of Maryland checking, Citi Visa, and Chase Visa. It's happened on all of the above. They are all set up with Quicken Connect.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Some additional information would be helpful…

What financial institution?
    What type of account?
    What is the connection method you are using in Quicken (e.g. Quicken Connect? Direct Connect?) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Sabrina G

It is odd that this is happening with all of your banks.  If it were one or two, I would have suggested that you deactivate and then reactivate the accounts to see if that would reset the account.

Because this is so widespread, I would suggest that you contact Quicken Support - here's that LINK.

Let us know how that works out.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sabrina G

I would also note that other Mac users are also reporting duplicate downloaded transactions today - so there could be something else causing this problem (i.e. different from what you previously experienced).  That's just another reason for getting Quicken Support involved IMHO.

Frankx

• Sabrina G
    Sabrina G Member ✭✭
    Well, they had me reset the Cloud account. But we won't know if that helped anything. And unfortunately, because I had already deleted the duplicate transactions, the person couldn't really help me much. They said if it happens again, to keep the duplicates and contact them again.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay - hopefully the Cloud reset will fix it.  Let me know if it comes back.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.