Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Split Details Missing

Many of my split transactions that were entered in the past with split details now show without the split. The category of the first split item is now displayed as the lone category. What is going on?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

More details, please.
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?   US or Canadian version?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

Is there a common denominator that applies to all these transactions? For example, they're all paycheck reminder transactions or they're all transfer transactions with 2 or more transfer-to destination accounts.
    Did you recently have crashes in Quicken while syncing to the Web?
  • bscurtis1960
    bscurtis1960 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Premier for Windows
    Version R32.10
    Build 27.1.32.10

Not paycheck transactions. Not transfer transactions. Just simple credit card transactions. Example: Restaurant with food cost and sales tax cost.

Did a sync that had an error a few days ago. Deleted and re-entered the bad transaction. Then synced OK. However, I noticed the missing splits before that.

Missing splits seem to be in one credit card account (but not positive about that), and during December 2020. I did find one from October 2020.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

If you answer "no" to both, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.

If yes, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy from a desktop data file that has been fixed or restored from a backup.
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

• Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

• Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Change the Sync radio button and set it to OFF

• luannbrenner
    luannbrenner Member
    I seem to have this same problem --when I backup Quicken onto a USB drive and install on my laptop when traveling...then it loses all the split memorized transactions. As I recall, this has been a problem for a long time--has anyone figured out why?
  • bscurtis1960
    bscurtis1960 Member ✭✭
    luannbrenner, my issue is different. The splits are disappearing from existing transactions. The issue is not related to missing memorized transactions.