Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Deluxe Linking and Bank Downloads

I had been a Quicken 2017 Premier user. Even before it ended in 2020, linking to accounts and downloading bank transactions was fluky. Really, it only worked smoothly the first year I had it. I've been reading the download related complaints here. Are they quickly resolved? Is it still difficult to link to accounts/update? Really, I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running Win10 and Quicken Deluxe subscription - R30.21 -
    I've not really had a lot of problems....
    Chase, PNC, ALLY - Fidelity, Vanguard, Schwab, TRowe.
    I think a lot of problems stem from the Sync and Mobile App corrupting data.
    I have NOT enabled that feature since it was introduced.
    The online downloading works fine, except every so often... burbs -
    In browsing the messages, it seems like certain specific banks and credit unions are always having problems working. 
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Only your own experience can tell you if it is working to your satisfaction.  Quicken has a 30 day refund policy, buy it, try it for 25 days and make your decision then.
    Since you have 2017 which uses the same data file format at subscription, you can re-install 2017 and continue on with your data file and not lose any of the work you did in Quicken during the 25 days.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    And I would say that it is highly dependent on what financial institutions you use.  The ones that support Direct Connect tend to be a lot more trouble free than the ones that only support Express Web Connect.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.