How do I remove separate accounts from the “Home” screen spending pie chart? (Q Mac)

jloughry
jloughry Member
How do i remove separate accounts from the “Home” screen spending by category pie chart? (the chart that is displayed on the first screen shown when the :Home” screen/tab is selected).
I thought that by default separate accounts are NOT included unless specifically designated.Any ideas?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    That Home screen is a pretty old part of the modern Quicken Mac; it came over from the predecessor Quicken Essentials program which served as the original code base for the current Quicken Mac. I'm not sure how well the developers have kept up the Home screen with some of the more recent new features, like Separate accounts (which were added last year). They have indicated they will be doing work on the Home screen to make it more user-configurable in the future -- we don't know when -- so they may have deferred fixing some things until they "open up" the Home screen for revisions. Just a guess...

I suggest you use the Report a Problem item on the Help menu to report this issue. You won't get a response, but if several people report the same problem and they can replicate it, it will get entered in their bug database for fixing.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• I have this same issue. It’s strange because Quicken documentation specifically states that separate accounts are not included in the overview (Home Screen), reports, etc. but my separate accounts are definitely being included in the spending graphs on the overview tab. 
  • jloughry
    jloughry Member
    I read the documentation as well and it clearly says separate accounts should not be included UNLESS specifically selected. I guess it is a bug? I'm new to the community forum so not sure how to report the problem. Thanks for assuring me I'm not misreading things.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    That Home screen is a pretty old part of the modern Quicken Mac; it came over from the predecessor Quicken Essentials program which served as the original code base for the current Quicken Mac. I'm not sure how well the developers have kept up the Home screen with some of the more recent new features, like Separate accounts (which were added last year). They have indicated they will be doing work on the Home screen to make it more user-configurable in the future -- we don't know when -- so they may have deferred fixing some things until they "open up" the Home screen for revisions. Just a guess...

I suggest you use the Report a Problem item on the Help menu to report this issue. You won't get a response, but if several people report the same problem and they can replicate it, it will get entered in their bug database for fixing.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jloughry
    jloughry Member
    Okay. Thanks so much for the insight on the history of the Home Screen. I’ll report it as a bug and then wait for a fix in the future...