Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Reconciling - Clearing individual transactions not possible

Since the previous upgrade when I try to reconcile an account and click on the Clear portion of the transaction - all transactions in the reconcile window are cleared.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly.
    Please perform all the steps in part (1) of this document
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @Sammy

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is quite odd. This is from the register of the accounts or is it from the reconcile screen itself? Is this consistent each register as well? One thing we can attempt here is to see if we might have a different result if we copy and validate the file. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below. It'll be the fourth step in the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you have a chance let us know more about the issue. Additionally let us know if we were able to fix the issue in the copy.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Sammy
    Sammy Member ✭✭
    Thanks Francisco for responding. This happens in the Reconcile Screen. I made a test file and it does not happen in the test file.
    I made a Save a copy as ... file but the problem remains.

Any other thoughts?
    Thanks
    Sammy
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly.
    Please perform all the steps in part (1) of this document
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Sammy
    Sammy Member ✭✭
    I have now done all the quicken 101 steps. I have Saved a copy as..... as well as the validate etc.
    After 26 years of Quicken, I think it is time to throw in the towel!!!
    I spend more time fixing quicken vs actually analyzing my data :-(.
  • Sammy
    Sammy Member ✭✭
    I am currently using Version R32.10 Build 27.1.32.10 on Windows 10 Enterprise. Which I just checked and it is also up to date???