Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I turn of Bill Reminder skipping?

I'm seeing a lot of bill reminders getting set to "Skipped". How do I disable this?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are those reminders set to either Remind or Auto-enter exactly 28 days in advance? Or more than 28 days?
    Now that February is over, I'm no longer seeing any "Skipped" reminders in my file.
  • FylB
    FylB Member
    They are set to auto-enter 30 days out and I'm seeing it for future dates beyond February. I see skipped reminders all the time these days. Is there a way to disable skipping?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking that a program change doesn't like it when the auto-enter period is greater or equal to the number of calendar days between occurrences of a monthly reminder. Only a programmer could tell us what exactly is going on.
    I'd try to change the number of days to 27 or less
    Personally, I don't "preload" my registers with next month's reminder transactions, especially for those reminders where the amount is variable (e.g., utility bill, credit card bill). Registers set to show future reminders and/or Projected Balances views tell me what I need to know to make it possible for me to avoid checking overdrafts.
  • FylB
    FylB Member
    OK I'll try your suggestion but I'd still like to know how to turn off skipping.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    FylB said:
    OK I'll try your suggestion but I'd still like to know how to turn off skipping.

That's the $64 - question.  There's no switch you can turn on or off. Reducing the number of days to less than 28 should avoid this situation ... I hope ...