How do I turn off Bill Reminder skipping?

I'm seeing a lot of bill reminders getting set to "Skipped". How do I disable this?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are those reminders set to either Remind or Auto-enter exactly 28 days in advance? Or more than 28 days?
    Now that February is over, I'm no longer seeing any "Skipped" reminders in my file.
  • FylB
    FylB Member
    They are set to auto-enter 30 days out and I'm seeing it for future dates beyond February. I see skipped reminders all the time these days. Is there a way to disable skipping?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking that a program change doesn't like it when the auto-enter period is greater or equal to the number of calendar days between occurrences of a monthly reminder. Only a programmer could tell us what exactly is going on.
    I'd try to change the number of days to 27 or less
    Personally, I don't "preload" my registers with next month's reminder transactions, especially for those reminders where the amount is variable (e.g., utility bill, credit card bill). Registers set to show future reminders and/or Projected Balances views tell me what I need to know to make it possible for me to avoid checking overdrafts.
  • FylB
    FylB Member
    OK I'll try your suggestion but I'd still like to know how to turn off skipping.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    FylB said:
    OK I'll try your suggestion but I'd still like to know how to turn off skipping.

That's the $64 - question.  There's no switch you can turn on or off. Reducing the number of days to less than 28 should avoid this situation ... I hope ...
  • Darrell L Childress
    Darrell L Childress Member ✭✭
    I found this solution to the skipped reminders. Make sure the days to automatic entry are less then when you have an active payment scheduled to the payee. Since changing my automatic entry days to 20 days , I have not had a skipped reminder. I tried the 31, 29 and 28 days to automatic entry and each one had a skipped reminder.