Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Will Quicken work after subscription expires?

Anyone remember the days (before the Quicken subscription), when you would wake up, get a cup of coffee and reconcile your accounts in about 5-10 minutes? Now with the advent of the "Quicken subscription" none of my accounts download transactions. Which leads me to the question, "why am I using a glorified Excel spreadsheet I pay a subscription for?" Can I just let my subscription expire in the next couple months and continue to manually enter all of my transactions like I've been doing for months now? [Removed - Rant]

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @dmattersjr

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. If you have Quicken Deluxe or above you still will be able to use Quicken as a manual entry program. If you have starter the program will become read only after the subscription expires. Additionally it sounds like you're having issues with the programs functionality as well. Could you go a bit further into what the issues are?

If feel like it would be best to communicate with someone about the issues contacting Quicken Support would be our best option so we can help with the issues you're having. Let us know either way.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @dmattersjr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

As long as you have a Deluxe or higher subscription; yes, you will still be able to manually use Quicken. Starter subscriptions become Read-Only files when not renewed.

For more information, please refer to this support article regarding our Data Access Guarantee policy.
    -Quicken Anja
  • dmattersjr
    dmattersjr Member
    Thanx for the response. Quicken Deluxe, R32.10, Build 27.1.32.19 on a Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.867.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @dmattersjr

Just one additional informational point - if you do let your subscription expire, and use Quicken in the manual mode - there will appear on every screen a "reminder" to renew your subscription which covers about 20% of the total screen.  So that will be different than what you are seeing today.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • jcs
    jcs Member ✭✭
    In addition you will get a dialog box that constantly pops up every time you try to modify something. That dialog box may even pop up 3 or 4 times for one action. It basically makes using the product in manual mode impossible - in my opinion.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcs said:
    In addition you will get a dialog box that constantly pops up every time you try to modify something. That dialog box may even pop up 3 or 4 times for one action. It basically makes using the product in manual mode impossible - in my opinion.
    @jcs can you post a screen capture of that dialog box? 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list