USAA issue

Why is Quicken not working on the USAA problems of updates showing transactions on already updated transactions and showing transactions on renconciliation pages that should not be there from previous years blah blah .... since USAA now requires an addition al step with pin # this has thrown everything off with transactions showing up as cleared same day same hor as transaction is done and then showing uo again the next day or days after.

Answers

• cathy mcmanus
    cathy mcmanus Member
    edited March 23
    [removed - no soliciting]
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I changed the title of this thread to reflect the actual issue.
    And, Q CAN'T fix this as it's caused by, and needs to be fixed by, USAA.
    Complain to them.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Southcoast
    Southcoast Member ✭✭
    edited March 28
    I have continual and random problems with USAA: unable to update Visa transactions, Visa account totals in Quicken depart from online totals on a random basis. No such problems with [Removed]. Seems a Quicken problem to me.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have continual and random problems with USAA: unable to update Visa transactions, Visa account totals in Quicken depart from online totals on a random basis. No such problems with MINT. Seems a Quicken problem to me.
    Mint and Quicken get their data through different systems. Mint "screen scrapes" the USAA website.  Quicken gets its data through an OFX server running on USAA, which USAA provides and it responsible for all the transaction data sent.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Southcoast
    Southcoast Member ✭✭
    Chris_QPW
    Thanks for your insight. It is good to see and I assume you are right. BUT, I don't care how the data is obtained. I just want it to be correct and up to date. Right now, it seems correct on Mint and not on Quicken. I run them in parallel because I am not trusting Quicken right now. Any ideas on how I can overcome my difficulties?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Southcoast complain to USAA, they are the only ones that can fix it.  Or switch from using the USAA credit card.  Note early on in this switch over that banking accounts were downloading pending transactions too, but that part of the problems seems to have been fixed.  But note that the banking accounts were always Direct Connect, whereas the USAA credit card was Express Web Connect.  So I think it harder for them to fix it because of not only changes to their "security" the change over to Direct Connect (Direct Connect is the "OFX server").
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    @Southcoast complain to USAA, they are the only ones that can fix it.  Or switch from using the USAA credit card.  Note early on in this switch over that banking accounts were downloading pending transactions too, but that part of the problems seems to have been fixed.  But note that the banking accounts were always Direct Connect, whereas the USAA credit card was Express Web Connect.  So I think it harder for them to fix it because of not only changes to their "security" the change over to Direct Connect (Direct Connect is the "OFX server").
    A little birdie informs me that USAA credit cards have always had Direct Connect available.  In the past when I asked people about USAA credit cards they always insisted that only Express Web Connect worked.  So I have that wrong.

Given that, you can cross that off of the reasons this is still happening.  One has to just assume that this isn’t that important to USAA.  Quicken users are in fact a drop in the bucket to these financial institutions.
    Signature:
  • Southcoast
    Southcoast Member ✭✭
    Chris_UPW
    Thanks for your insight. Onward and sideward