Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Add a custom date feature (like the Windows version has) in Bills and Income for Mac

I loved being able to project out my bills and income balance for years to come when I used Quicken for Windows. I was so disappointed when I moved over to the Mac version to find that this option was left out of the Mac Version. Please add it to Mac!
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Shirley Winkler I'm not a Windows user; can you explain exactly what you could do in Quicken Windows that you don't think you can do in Quicken Mac? There are some scheduling features which are tucked away such that new users often miss them, so I'd like to see if these align with what you find lacking, or if you're talking about something else. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Shirley Winkler
    Shirley Winkler Member ✭✭
    Sure - I'm in the Bill & Income tab and I want to see my projected balance for a future date. There is a drop down menu for next - Instance, 7 days, 30 days, 90 days, 6 months, and year. But I want to project out to a date farther out than 1 year - let's say 12/31/2022 (a custom date). This helps me determine whether I'm looking good or if it's showing a negative figure - I know I'll have to sell some stock before the end of 2022.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 24
    @Shirley Winkler  Ah, got it. You're right that there is no way to show scheduled transactions beyond a year into the future. There is an existing request for this feature in this Idea thread. I suggest you add your comment and your vote in that thread. (Your idea may be merged into that, since they are similar.)

There is also a different idea thread here regarding scheduling flexibility which the developers have marked as planned for implementation. In that thread, the initial request is for one specific option, but the thread goes on for pages with additional ideas about scheduling flexibility -- and while it was initially for Mac and Windows, it is now tagged just for Windows -- so it's not quite clear what the developers have agreed to implement. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Shirley Winkler
    Shirley Winkler Member ✭✭
    Thanks - I submitted my vote!
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    jacobs said:

There is also a different idea thread here regarding scheduling flexibility which the developers have marked as planned for implementation. In tat thread, the initial request is for one specific option, but the thread goes on for pages with additional ideas about scheduling flexibility -- so it's not quite clear what the developers have agreed to implement. 

In the old GetSat forum this idea at the link above was marked for BOTH QWin and QMac. When it got migrated to Vanilla here, it lost the designation for QMac.  When this idea was accepted into development, it is unclear if it was accepted as Planned for QWin or for QMac also. I have asked the mods multiple times for clarification with just crickets...

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs (links now fixed):COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)