Paycheck totals suddenly not showing in calendar. Is anyone else having this issue?

Since the latest Quicken update, the calendar shows when paychecks will be deposited and includes the net pay in the running balance forecast, but it does not show the net amount in the calendar entry; only the payee is shown. If I then open the transaction to edit and do nothing other then click on "save", the net value is now shown for as long as I stay in Quicken. Once I exit and come back in, the same issue occurs.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mgrant

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

To help isolate this issue further, can you please confirm that your paychecks in the register still show an amount? There have been issues with splits and paycheck information being removed. 

It's possible that the information is now missing from the calendar if it has gone missing from the paycheck.

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • cppashley
    cppashley Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue as mgrant. The calendar, Bill & Income screen and Bill and Income Reminders screen all show a current zero balance. If I edit the transaction on the Bill and Income Reminders screen as "Edit this instance and all future instances" the correct amounts are shown (including splits). I just save, as is, and the current zero balances are corrected, until I do a Sync, then it disappears. If I do not do a Sync when I leave Quicken, the amounts are correct when I return.
  • Cam
    Cam Member
    Same problem - rolling forecasted balance seems to no longer have all planned income. This was function was fine until couple of weeks ago - after update??
  • mgrant
    mgrant Member
    Hi Quicken Tyka,

Yes, my paychecks in the register still show an amount. They only show as zero in the calendar, even though the splits are still populated (i.e., when I edit my paycheck from the calendar, the splits are there and, when I click "Done" to exit the edit dialog, the net pay is visible in the calendar again). The behavior I am seeing is the same as described by cppashley. Following cppashley's clue, I have turned of Sync and the problem seems to have gone away.

Thank you for responding so quickly.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    I an having same problem in Bills and Income where all incomes are at zero but when going to the edit menu they are correct. If I edit them they go to correct amount but when I sync with the cloud they go back to zero. This problem just started.
  • Beau-tech
    Beau-tech Member
    I am also having the issue with paychecks. In the register, if I hover over the splits/ category pull down, values are shown. If I open it to edit the values are zero. In the bills income area future checks show a zero value. If i click to enter a paycheck the splits values are there.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments, experience, and feedback to this ongoing issue. Our teams are aware of issues with the paycheck and split information being removed and have been investigating and working to create a solution.

A new release is out R32.10, if you have not done so already, can you please update following the steps outlined here. Please let me know if you continue to experience the paycheck split lines becoming blank or zeroed out after syncing.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • cppashley
    cppashley Member ✭✭
    I am currently running under R32.10 which is when, I believe, the problem started.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    My problem exactly
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    I removed the problem account from cloud sync and it “fixed” the problem temporarily
  • Q97
    Q97 Member ✭✭
    I'm also experiencing the same issue since the R32.10 update. In the Bill, Income & Transfers tab, the Paycheck amount gets zeroed out after a OSU. If you open 'Edit this instance and all future instances' and just click Done, the proper amount will then show for a while until the next OSU. I've never had this issue before; most likely it was introduced in a very recent update.
  • Cam
    Cam Member
    Using R32.10 and problem continues. the running forecasted balance (i.e. graph total balance X weeks out) is not correct and seems to be missing all schedule incomes. Even though those incomes do look to be included with the monthly bills and deposits screen.
  • Cam
    Cam Member
    Using R32.10 and problem continues. the running forecasted balance (i.e. graph total balance X weeks out) is not correct and seems to be missing all schedule incomes. Even though those incomes do look to be included with the monthly bills and deposits screen.
  • mgrant
    mgrant Member
    As some have suggested here, the problem appears to have been introduced with R32.10 (certainly, in my case, the issue did not exist until I upgraded to R32.10 - maybe this information can help your team narrow the root cause, since it appears to be related to the fixes that were released with that upgrade). My work-around, also as others have suggested, is to turn off syncing. I'll be happy to help with any beta-release regression testing if/when your team identifies what they believe is a fix.
  • rjb
    rjb Member ✭✭
    edited April 7
    (deleted, posted on wrong thread)
  • cppashley
    cppashley Member ✭✭
    I did notice today that although the Bill and Income Reminder data on the desktop version shows a zero amount after a Sync, the Bill and Income Reminder data on the Mobile app is correct.
  • CApfelbeck
    CApfelbeck Member
    Having the same issue with paychecks showing as $0.00 on Bills, Incomes & Transfers screen in any view. I typically use Stack View. Running version R32.12 of Quicken for Windows. Choosing the paycheck and selecting 'Edit this instance and all future instances' and
  • CApfelbeck
    CApfelbeck Member
    Having the same issue with paychecks showing as $0.00 on Bills, Incomes & Transfers screen in any view. I typically use Stack View. Running version R32.12 of Quicken for Windows. Choosing the paycheck and selecting 'Edit this instance and all future instances' and clicking Done shows the totals again but the next time a One Step Update is done, they revert back to $0.00.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    I Just updated to R33.19 and the problem continues. When will this problem be fixed? It has been going on for over a month now.
  • cppashley
    cppashley Member ✭✭
    A new Release (33.19) was available to me today. It did not fix this problem. I also notice one other odd thing. On a Income Reminder with 5 split transactions, the first two transactions have the Category blanked out. The Memo and Amount fields are intact, but the Category is blank. To fix, I just add the Categories back (which are investment accounts) and all is well, until I perform another Sync. This issue was occurring prior to the Release 33.19 update.
  • cppashley
    cppashley Member ✭✭
    Another development since the new release (33.19), when I perform an OSU, even without checking Sync to Quicken Cloud, the two problems occur. Prior to the release, if Sync to the Quicken Cloud was unchecked neither problem occurred.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    This problem has been ongoing for some time now and I haven't heard anything from Quicken on whether or not they are even looking into it. Quicken, please respond and let us loyal users know if you care or not. I've been a Quicken user since 1994.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Bill B

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you have been experiencing this issue for some tie now.

I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jwkavanagh
    jwkavanagh Member
    @Quicken_Tyka I am experiencing the exact same issue as detailed above for some time now and I am on the most-current version
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    I’ve had this issue since March and nothing has been done to fix it yet. I guess we’ll have to learn to live with it.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    After updating to Quicken R33.24 this morning, it failed to fix the ongoing problem as stated in this string. The update stated that this was part of the fix but it did not.
  • m32966
    m32966 Member ✭✭
    Problem still there in R33.24. If I open the items from the calendar to edit, do nothing but click on done to close and the totals show ok. Can close and reopen quicken and it's fine. Run One Step Update and the calendar amounts are screwed up again. Note I have disabled Quicken Cloud Sync which seemed to be the problem with the other bug that wiped out payroll from a year or so ago.

Been using quicken for a long time, recently build quality has gone down hill and fixes seem to take forever or just aren't done. You're charging me extra with a subscription fee so I'm expecting more not less.
  • Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭
    I agree completely as I've been having the same problem for nearly two months now and two updates since problem started.
  • Pam Flaig
    Pam Flaig Member ✭✭✭
    Any corrupted payroll or multi account split transaction needs to be deleted and reentered. Unfortunately this situation has happened for me multiple times in the last 3yrs. I hope this time is a real fix!
  • Pam Flaig
    Pam Flaig Member ✭✭✭
    Still BROKEN with 33.24
    I reentered every corrupt payroll a couple days ago after 33.24 and today my last entery is corrupt. This is the same that I have described in threads since ~2018. It got better but came back in the last 2-3mo. As a 20yr quicken user.... please fix this!! I have offered to help, test, talk to tech along with posting but it's fallen on death ears.....
    Is there a compliance and controls process for changes/fixes? Quicken should as personal banking management is important to the individual just as it is for businesses.