Product feedback

I have used Quicken for many years and I’m starting to seriously think about searching for something else as I am tired of laying out money each year fir useless updates. Here are some things that I thing would actually be useful
1. Transaction rules tied to an account. If it’s restaurant on credit card A categorize and tag it differently than on credit card B
2. Simple transaction report. Just go to reports and go directly to a report that lists all transactions that meet certain criteria. I choose criteria when opening report but don’t have to get a compressed version or a graph first
3. Simplify credit card reconciliation. Putting in my total credits and debits serves no purpose. I always just put $0 and then ending balance. Annoying to have to fill in these useless fields.
I think these are simple but it seems like the focus is on useless showy things.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For #1 it has been suggested and you can vote on it here:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854603/memorized-transactions-or-renaming-rules-by-account-1-merged-votes

For #2 I'm not entirely sure what you exactly want, but I will point out a couple of things that might be what you want/help.  First of is you save a report with the graph hidden, then when you run open that saved report it will still be hidden.

Also you can turn this option on:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Reports and Graphs -> Customize report/graph before creating.

What that will do is if you open a new report like Reports -> Spending -> Spending by Category it will show you this dialog first.

Selecting Show Report, will bring up it up with the Graph hidden.

For #3 I totally agree, and in fact I consider really soft of a bug.  OK some people that don't download/enter all their transactions might need these extra fields to capture these fields in a new transactions (which what putting anything other than zero into them does), but for more people they aren't needed and you certainty shouldn't be forced to put in zero, they should just default to zero.

These days I mostly reconcile to the online balance, but before I did that, I definitely found this very frustrating.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/