In one of the credit card acc'ts suddenly Charge entries reduce the Balance and

Payment entries increase the Balance owed. How is this corrected ? I have a Quicken Deluxe subscription.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Jackwalk

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community although, I apologize that you haven't received a response.

Please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running.

What is the total balance of the account? Is this a positive or negative amount?

It may also be helpful to provide a screenshot of the error using the Windows Snipping Tool. To learn more about posting screenshots to the Community, please take a moment to review the information available here.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Jackwalk
    Jackwalk Member
    Where do I find the version of Quicken that I am running ?
  • Jackwalk
    Jackwalk Member
    Where does one find the version of Quicken beiing run ?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Jackwalk said:
    Where do I find the version of Quicken that I am running ?

By clicking HELP, About Quicken. 
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28
    It is about the same issue. 
    Are the amounts RED or BLACK in the balance column?  I bet they are BLACK.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    splasher said:
    It is about the same issue. 
    Are the amounts RED or BLACK in the balance column?  I bet there are BLACK.

I agree
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Here's my standard answer. It might help explain it.

First make sure you are sorted in Date order with the newest date at the bottom. If you are not then click the DATE Column heading to sort.

Sounds like you're running a credit balance. Is the balance in red or black? Look back through your transactions and maybe you'll spot one that was entered backward. Or a payment in the charge column or a charge in the payment column. Look around back where this first started happening.  Or maybe you are missing some charges? 

If the balance is in Black, it means you have a credit on the card.  Like if you overpaid the bill or got a refund for something you returned.   When you enter a charge it will reduce (decrease) the credit you have available on it.   And a payment will increase the balance.

Also make sure you have the right starting balance.  If it's zero you might need to add a beginning balance for when you started the account in Quicken.

The credit card balance you OWE should be in RED. If the balance is Black then it's showing the credit card company owes you and you have a credit balance. And then when you make a payment it's like the cc owes you more. So you need to go back though your entries and find where the balance switched to black to being in your favor.

See this for more info.....

https://www.quicken.com/support/positive-black-balance-credit-card-account