Stock split transaction in 2020 Home and Business version is not working.

The manual option to record a stock split in the Canadian version is not working. Once old shares and new shares are entered, the error message "Transaction cancelled" comes on. Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Petsmet

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @Petsmet

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Petsmet
    Petsmet Member
    Thanks for the tip, it solved the issue.

One more question. From time to time it happens that units of a mutual fund are switched out and switched into a different mutual fund. Same dollar amount, but different number of units and unit price.

Is there a way to record this operation without resorting to record a sale of the units in one fund and subsequent purchase of units in the new fund? The sale and purchase operations obviously distort the reports since in reality this is only a switch out/in.

Thanks

Petsmet