Can't open Quicken as message says - "A scheduled update is currently running"

I can't access Quicken because a message pops up that says "A schedule update is currently running. Please wait until the process completes before launching Quicken" This has been updating all day. How do I fix this?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @TannD

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Is this a recent thing you're experiencing every morning? How long has this been happening? Did you previously run scheduled updates without issues? 

Once we're able to gather a bit more information we'll see what we're able to do to get the issue resolved. Let us know once you get the chance!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• ncampbell62
    ncampbell62 Member
    Is anyone ever going to answer this question? I'm having the same problem and I need to get into quicken!!!!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone ever going to answer this question? I'm having the same problem and I need to get into quicken!!!!
    The first thing I would try is restarting your computer.  It sounds like a scheduled download has been started, but got hung up.  Since the scheduled download routines lock the data file while they update, until they are finished the main Quicken program can't do anything with your data file.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mcburney2
    mcburney2 Member
    i have same issue but see no answer posted - what's the fix?
  • Mansel26_
    Mansel26_ Member
    Please help me get Quicken open. I have several things I need to do.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @Mansel26_

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Quicken opening. I'm wondering if it may have gotten stuck and we may need to try closing Quicken from the task manager. You should be able to do so by going to the windows button in the bottom left and typing task manager. You may be able to see it in the first screen but double check if that's the case. If you're not able to click more details then the details tab across the top. Look up QW.exe and end the task. 

Once you've done that try opening Quicken again to see if we're able to get it functioning properly.

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    mcburney2 said:
    i have same issue but see no answer posted - what's the fix?

@Chris_QPW provided it in the message immediately above yours.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP