Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Disappearing transactions

Paycheck transactions have disappeared from my checking register.

Running Quicken for Windows R32.10, build 27.1.32.10, I just saw today that I am missing deposits for paychecks, causing my checking account balance to go negative. This is for Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union and I use Express Web Connect.

More details:
- Each of the missing deposits is scheduled and is setup like a paycheck, with multiple categories.
- At first glance, it appears previously reconciled ones (before Feb 2021) are still there.
- I first noticed April missing when I entered in my bills for next month but went negative balance. So I reentered the paychecks. Then I closed Quicken. When I went back in later, I thin had duplicate Apr paychecks, which would be nice, but isn't how life works. I deleted the Apr duplicates.
- Somehow, March is missing.
- My sort order is by date. I don't have filters applied to the register.
---------------
I then opened a backup from this morning.
- It DOES have the March paychecks
- The Apr paychecks (already entered) are missing
- The scheduled paycheck May is showing $0. It has lost all details of each category.

Answers

• dntboles
    dntboles Member ✭✭
    Upon further inspection, the scheduled May paycheck shows $0 on the home screen (scheduled transaction area) but has the categories in the details. I'm not confident in how this would work.

I'm restoring to a backup from Mar 26. It has the March paychecks and was before I entered the April ones. I'll just have to recreate everything I've done since then.
  • dntboles
    dntboles Member ✭✭
    Now I'm stuck in the never-ending "Your data is being synced to our improved cloud service. This is a one-time process and may take several minutes." It locks up after 15 - 30 min and never finishes.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @dntboles,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and providing a detailed description of your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

After the last backup you restored, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services and see if that helps the improved cloud service loop that it is stuck in.

Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • dntboles
    dntboles Member ✭✭
    Replying to the email didn't work. It's a no-reply address.

I followed the steps to log out then log back in. Now it's much worse. Now I've lost everything from my checking since Jan 14 2017.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thanks for the update, though I apologize that that did not help.

In that case, then next, I suggest restoring a backup file to restore the missing data and to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down until you see Quicken for Windows and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.
    -Quicken Anja
  • dntboles
    dntboles Member ✭✭
    Quicken graphs on the home screen disappeared and show no expenses for the last 12 months. Now I'm restoring back to a prior file again.

Okay, restored and now my checking is $25K in the hole. This is just getting worse.
  • dntboles
    dntboles Member ✭✭
    I restored back to the 26 Mar version I had fixed last night. My checking balance was around $2K. Everything looked good, then I disabled all accounts from mobile and web sync. Then my checking account balance jumped up again to $6.4K!

Why is this happening? Why does turning telling Quicken not to upload info to the online site change my account balance? Which is correct?
  • dntboles
    dntboles Member ✭✭
    Okay... what seems to have happened is when I told Quicken NOT to upload or download any accounts to/from mobile/web, so I could just get on with this (too many hours spent so far), it added in some paychecks that I never accepted or just put them in my checking.
  • dntboles
    dntboles Member ✭✭
    Nope... deleted those three and now I'm $3K in the hole again.

I don't want to Quicken Cloud to automatically add or delete anything without my review.
  • dntboles
    dntboles Member ✭✭
    Once again, I restored back to a good backup from 26 Mar, then synced accounts one by one, but NOT the RBFCU account. When I synced that one, I got the message saying "Your data is being synced to our improved cloud service. This is a one-time process and may take several minutes." I let it sit for 30 or so minutes and it said 100% but was completely frozen. When I restarted Quicken, my checking account now shows a balance that was $10K+ too high again.

HOW do I get Quicken to STOP accepting the crap it's downloading from the "improved cloud service?" That's clearly the problem. I do NOT want my local Quicken to accept ANYTHING without my review. I've spent way too much time fighting against an "improved cloud service" that is corrupting my data. How do I disable the auto-accept of that data? It's turned off in preferences but keeps happening.
  • dntboles
    dntboles Member ✭✭
    {Expletives deleted]!!!

So after all that, just when I think maybe the balances are right, I find that Quicken has deleted the scheduled paycheck transactions that I entered, the bank cleared and I confirmed. Yes, Quicken deleted things I entered.

Then it added in crap it downloaded, that I didn't enter. So basically, I'm right back where I started 24 hours ago, except with a ton of wasted time in between.

HOW do I get Quicken to STOP accepting the crap it's downloading from the "improved cloud service?" That's clearly the problem. I do NOT want my local Quicken to accept ANYTHING without my review. I've spent way too much time fighting against an "improved cloud service" that is corrupting my data. How do I disable the auto-accept of that data? It's turned off in preferences but keeps happening.
  • dntboles
    dntboles Member ✭✭
    Please up-channel this whole thing as a significant Quicken flaw. I reset the online accounts for RBFCU. The paychecks I mentioned above... the ones that disappeared... are back. So now I have duplicates to delete. Very simply put, I cannot trust the data you're showing when you hide it sometimes then show it sometimes.

For the RBFCU money market account, you've added a new "Opening Balance" entry for today, with the current balance deposited, doubling the amount of money in the account.

You did the same on RBFCU checking, adding an "opening balance" dated 29 Mar and showing reconciled, even though I never reconciled it" This is just completely messed up...