Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

TRS GA not connecting for new account

Drawdy
Drawdy Member
Been getting
"unable to connect to the Quicken servers at this time.
Blah blah blah.
Please try again in a few hours."

I've been trying for 4 days now... what's going on? Every other financial institution account has been added and updated during this timeframe without an issue.

Answers

  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just to clarify - guessing this is the place -
    61140    61140    61140    Teachers Retirement System of Geor    http://www.trsga.com/    N/A    https://trsga.org/Login/Login    ACTIVE                  
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT   
    does it fail after you entering your signon info ,,,,
    or - do you have the account setup -
    and it fails trying to download transactions ?



    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW - wondering what kind of transactions do you get from your TRS ?
    I would expect to see only a single monthly payout - if retired -
    unless, you are not retired, and you can see the monthly deposits from the school district.
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Drawdy
    Drawdy Member
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > BTW - wondering what kind of transactions do you get from your TRS ?I would expect to see only a single monthly payout - if retired -
    > unless, you are not retired, and you can see the monthly deposits from the school district.

    Not retired - Monthly deposits and interest earned
  • Drawdy
    Drawdy Member
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > just to clarify - guessing this is the place -
    > 61140    61140    61140    Teachers Retirement System of Geor    http://www.trsga.com/    N/A    https://trsga.org/Login/Login    ACTIVE                  
    > BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT   does it fail after you entering your signon info ,,,,
    > or - do you have the account setup -
    > and it fails trying to download transactions ?

    That is it. Trying for initial set up. I know the ID and password are correct because I can log into the website.
  • Drawdy
    Drawdy Member
    Followed that exactly, but it didn't work. :-(
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

    Does your bank require a PIN or password for downloading that is different from the website password? Some banks do ...

    Does your password contain any special characters other than A...Z, a...z, 0...9? If so, which ones?  Express Web Connect - connected accounts cannot use these characters in passwords:  & < > \ or /

    Some passwords are "case sensitive", i.e., "PASSWORD" is not equal to "password" or "Password"

    Quicken limits passwords to 16 characters or less.

    In some instances, a password typed or pasted into the field with a trailing blank may cause problems until you remove the trailing blank


  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also... if there is anything within the TRS website
    you have to enable to authorize external software access - like Quicken -
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Drawdy
    Drawdy Member
    > @UKR said:
    > Does your bank
    > require a PIN or password for downloading that is different from the website
    > password? Some banks do ...
    >
    >
    > Does your password
    > contain any special characters other than A...Z, a...z, 0...9? If so, which
    > ones?  Express Web Connect - connected
    > accounts cannot use these characters in passwords:  & < > \ or /
    >
    >
    >
    > Some passwords are "case sensitive", i.e., "PASSWORD" is
    > not equal to "password" or "Password"
    >
    > Quicken limits passwords to 16 characters or less.
    >
    > In some instances, a password typed or pasted into the field with a trailing
    > blank may cause problems until you remove the trailing blank

    I just tested the downloading of the most recent statement on the website. No additional PIN/Password needed.

    None of those special characters are used.
    I have the character cases correct (I even went back and made sure the User ID matched cases)
    It's under 16 characters
    There were no blanks, I typed it directly
    Good stuff to know, though.
  • Drawdy
    Drawdy Member
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > Also... if there is anything within the TRS website
    > you have to enable to authorize external software access - like Quicken -

    I've checked the entire website. Nothing. :-(
Sign In or Register to comment.