Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

"Online Service is unavailable at this time". Logging out of Quicken ID doesn't fix it.

This has been going on for days. I have Quicken Premier R32.10 Build 27.1.32.10 running on Windows 10.

I am trying to add a new account at Fidelity Investments, but when I try to add the account, I can only set it up as offline. Quicken tells me that "the online service is unavailable". In the meantime, I am able to do one step update with all of my other accounts, including those at Fidelity. I have followed the steps to log out of my Quicken ID and then log back in many times. It didn't solve the problem.

When I go to preferences to reset my Quicken ID, I also get a message that says "We could not retrieve your Quicken Profile". I get this message even after reset my ID.

Any thoughts about how to fix this?

Best Answer

• Frassy5320
    Frassy5320 Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you for responding kevincarr, but that was not a solution that worked for me. I tried it many times before I posted my question, and repeated those steps over and over while talking to Quicken Support yesterday. It did not work. What worked like a charm:

1. Set up one account for mobile/web access. Since I do not want to use Quicken's mobile/web feature, I chose a credit card that I never use. I did not synch the data.

2. Once I had one account set up for mobile/web access, my problems with my Quicken ID resolved immediately and I was able to add my new Roth IRA account and set it up for One Step Update.

3. I removed the credit card from mobile/web access.

Once I removed the credit card from mobile/web access, I experienced the same problem where I could not set up a new online account, but this doesn't bother me too much. Setting up a new account is a pretty rare occurrence. I am still able to use One Step Update to download all new transactions. One Step Update was never a problem.

I have retested my solution several times, and it has worked consistently for me. I have no idea why.

Answers

• longslide10
    longslide10 Member
    Same here when trying to update. Keeps telling me to check back in 10 minutes.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you've followed the standard fix without success, it might be best to reach out to support since the errors you are getting seem system (Quicken servers) related.

Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • Merkl3
    Merkl3 Member
    Ditto here. How long is Quicken online services going to be unavailable?
  • MediaBizDev
    MediaBizDev Member
    I have not been able to access online services since March 17, it keeps saying "please wait at least 10 minutes then try again" ... this has been going on for 2 weeks, and it's now the first of the month and I need to pay bills.
  • Loramp
    Loramp Member
    Here too. Started the morning of March 31st for me.
  • LKB
    LKB Member
    same here started this morning 4/1/2021 for me.
  • beasley58
    beasley58 Member
    Same exact version and problem for me.
  • KLC
    KLC Member
    Same with me and now I keep getting kicked out and cannot even open quicken
  • LINDA SCHOEN
    LINDA SCHOEN Member
    Same here.....tells me to try again in 10 minutes....but i've not been able to download transactions or update anything for at least a week now.   Terribly frustrating.  They need to get the problem resolved.    It's very difficult to have to individually add things manually, and even then I can't do everything.   
    They just billed me for another year.......I've been a quicken user for decades but this is really bugging me.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest Quicken software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• Frassy5320
    Frassy5320 Member
    Thank you for the commiseration, folks, and for validating that I'm not the only one for whom the standard fix does not work. At least I am still able to download transactions for my existing accounts, so it appears that I'm better off than some of you.

I'm going to follow the advice offered here and contact Quicken support directly. I'll post any information on how to resolve the problem once I've completed that process.

I've been a Quicken user since the 1980's, but I am slowly coming to the conclusion that the never ending aggravation isn't worth the benefits. Oh how I wish there was a viable competitor. :'(
  • Frassy5320
    Frassy5320 Member
    Update: I contacted Quicken support who offered me two options for resolution:

1. Sift through my back-up files (potentially many months old) to find a back-up file where the error does not occur and rebuild all of my current history.

2. Start with a new file.

That's it. I'm done with Quicken after decades of use. My subscription ends on 4/15, and I will not be renewing.

Good luck to those of you who stick it out.
  • Frassy5320
    Frassy5320 Member
    OMG...I figured out a resolution on my own! This might not work for everyone, but here's what I did:

1. I clicked on the Mobile and Web tab and set up one never used credit card to be accessible via the web. I never actually synched my data to the cloud. I just set-up the account as if I wanted to.

2. Once I had one account set up for Mobile and Web, my issue with my Quicken ID was magically resolved and I was able to add my new Fidelity Investment account as expected.

3. I removed my credit card from Mobile and Web access.

4. My accounts are all updating correctly via One-Step Update. Note that I was able to use One-Step before. My problem was in adding the new account.

I hope this helps someone else.
  • Frassy5320
    Frassy5320 Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you for responding kevincarr, but that was not a solution that worked for me. I tried it many times before I posted my question, and repeated those steps over and over while talking to Quicken Support yesterday. It did not work. What worked like a charm:

1. Set up one account for mobile/web access. Since I do not want to use Quicken's mobile/web feature, I chose a credit card that I never use. I did not synch the data.

2. Once I had one account set up for mobile/web access, my problems with my Quicken ID resolved immediately and I was able to add my new Roth IRA account and set it up for One Step Update.

3. I removed the credit card from mobile/web access.

Once I removed the credit card from mobile/web access, I experienced the same problem where I could not set up a new online account, but this doesn't bother me too much. Setting up a new account is a pretty rare occurrence. I am still able to use One Step Update to download all new transactions. One Step Update was never a problem.

I have retested my solution several times, and it has worked consistently for me. I have no idea why.
  • kevincarr
    kevincarr Member
    Worked for me the first time I tried. Scary that there are multiple causes / solutions.
  • wolfmom
    wolfmom Member
    I have not been able to update since March 15th. I have tried the signing out fix and it does not work. I'm pretty dysfunctional in this area and when will this clear up. thank you
  • Frassy5320
    Frassy5320 Member
    wolfmom, have you tried the fix I identified earlier in this thread? It's the one marked as the Accepted Answer. It looks like your problem is a little bit different than mine, because I was always able to update. My problem was that I couldn't add new accounts.

If the neither of the proposed fixes available in this thread work for you, you should probably call Quicken Support for help. The problem isn't going to clear up on its own.