Renaming Accounts

My Credit Union recently merged with another credit union. It uses different names for my accounts in the credit union. Thus, the names for my accounts in Quicken, no longer are what my Credit Union uses. I'd like to rename these accounts, but I want to make sure, nothing else changes. I don't want to have to start over with a new account. Do I just choose the account list and edit the account and change the name.? Again, I don't want to do anything that will give me other headaches.

Best Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Giving an existing Account a new name affects nothing beyond changing the name.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Swanson,

Yes, all you need to do is edit the account name.  But you might also want to place a note in the "Comments" box (which will appear on the same pop-up window that you'll use to change the account name) to indicate the "old account name" and the date you made the change, just so you have a complete record.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Giving an existing Account a new name affects nothing beyond changing the name.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Swanson,

Yes, all you need to do is edit the account name.  But you might also want to place a note in the "Comments" box (which will appear on the same pop-up window that you'll use to change the account name) to indicate the "old account name" and the date you made the change, just so you have a complete record.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Swanson
    Swanson Member ✭✭
    Thank u
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do not forget to also check your list of Scheduled Reminders or the Memorized Payee List for occurrences of the old bank's name as Payee Name, e.g., credit card payments, and change those, too.
This discussion has been closed.