Canadian Stocks Hard to Enter

Supposedly I have the Canadian version of Quicken which is hardly Canadian. It has a lot of US things like short and long term capital gains. Not a big issue there but trying to enter/add Canadian stocks that don't show up in the stock list which are all US stocks and have to sort through lots of wrong names looking for the Canadian stock to show up. You'd think that the default would be Canadian and US would be more difficult to find. How about fixing this and making us Canadian feel at home with your software. We're paying plenty for it.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Please do HELP, About Quicken ... and confirm there that you're running Q Canada.  Because it sounds as if you might be running Q US while IN Canada.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Whirly
    Whirly Member ✭✭
    I confirm I am running the Canadian version which appears to be a US version made to look Canadian. Short and Long Term Capital Gains--that's USA. We don't have that in Canada. Return of Capital continues to not be properly handled by Quicken. You'd think these problems would be fixed by now given the high subscription fees.
This discussion has been closed.