Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

any way to completely remove closed accounts from a quicken file to make it faster?

My quicken file is quite slow, is there any way to completely remove all closed accounts from the file , or alternatively to put transactions before a current data in a separate file but not to affect current balances?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod

Hello @questionsforever

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Quicken has the option to archive a portion of your data file. To learn more, please see the information available here.

Please let me know if this what you were needing.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @questionsforever

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.

You should be able to delete the account by going across the top to tools > account list > Clicking edit on your specified account and in the bottom left you'll see a button that should say delete account. From here follow the onscreen steps to delete the account if you would like it to be removed.

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco