Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

how to fix OL221-A and OL-221-B when downloading Access Credit union transactions (MB)

sondra99999
sondra99999 Member ✭✭
i have been getting same errors for several months when downloading transactions from my credit union. I have included a screenshot of error codes No one from Quicken or credit union will help me fix it. i can download from other banking websites. prior to the new year i had no issues. quicken has incorrect information for credit unions in the help section. i have been unable to download any transactions since beginning of new year. when trying to locate Access Credit union in bank names it does not show up even though the ccredit union is the second largest in Manitoba . i am ready to give up quicken as i am paying for the service yet it is no working

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @sondra99999

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. Do you know whether the account is using direct connect or express web connect? I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• sondra99999
    sondra99999 Member ✭✭
    it is still not working . i am still getting the same error. by looking at discussion board i am not the only customer having the same issue .
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's my understanding that Canadian banks do not connect with Direct Connect protocol. The OL-xxx error you are getting is a Direct Connect error.
    I would say, deactivate all accounts with this bank using the same bank logon ID, including any old, long closed, hidden and forgotten accounts that might still be activated. 
    When done deactivating, restart Quicken and reactivate accounts using the Tools / Add Account process.
    Make sure to LINK all the accounts found at the bank to their existing Quicken account registers. Click the LINK button and select the correct register. Do not accept defaults as shown or you will end up having new registers created.

• sondra99999
    sondra99999 Member ✭✭
    i had no issues prior to 2021 downloading directly from my credit union. i was a quicken user for many years with no issues. i will not be renewing my subscription and i will be switching finance software