Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Alphabetic "Check Number" entries corrupted

A few of my "Check Number" entries that contain non-numeric data are repeatedly corrupted, changing one or more characters at the end of the string to "úÿÿÿ". For example, "Due In" becomes "Dueúÿÿÿ" and "Note" becomes "Noteúÿÿÿ". This seems to happen whether the original was added to the edited Check Number list or just manually entered.
The corruption happens between Quicken sessions.
Anybody have any ideas about what to do with this?

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @schutrick

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • schutrick
    schutrick Member ✭✭
    Thanks Tyka, I appreciate your getting back to me on this, but that didn't work. I'm working on what might be a work-around and will let you know if it works.