Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Check Pay check did not arrive

The payment was sent using Quicken Check Pay on 2/10/21. It never arrived at the destination nor has it been cashed. The estimated USPS date was 2/16/21. I have spent hours being transferred, on hold, dropped on the call, long wait times, etc for both Quicken and Chase support.

Quicken states that I have to place a stop payment with my bank.
My bank states that in their FAQ for Quicken that Quicken is the one to manage this.

Chase charges $25 to stop payment on a check however there is no straightforward approach to do this.

Why is this such a complicated process?

The check is roaming around somewhere and I need to resend the payment. However I need to void/cancel/stop payment on the outstanding check that Quicken created.

Please help me understand who is responsible for stopping the payment and how does this urgent task get completed.

So far it appears Quicken Bill Pay has no accountability for how they process check pay which leads me to believe they are charging for a half-delivered service.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @eb415

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize you have not received a response.

If for any reason you need to cancel a check payment, you will need to contact the financial institution to put a stop payment on the check. There are no additional tools or settings that Quicken has access to in order to cancel this payment.

You can find documentation of this in the support article here. This is listed under the section, "What if I accidentally paid too much or submitted the payment twice?" In this case, you would need to cancel in order to resend the payment.

I hope this helps to clarify.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • eb415
    eb415 Member
    Thank you for your reply. What I am gathering from your response is that:

1. I will have to pay Chase $25 to place a stop payment on the check Quicken organized?

2. Chase has no history, or knowledge of this check that was organized by Quicken. Would I use the random check number that Quicken generated as a reference when stopping payment?

3. Why doesn’t Quicken pay for the stop payment since they are the department who organized the check?