mortgage payment reminder Principle and Interest no longer show up in the projected balances

My mortgage payment reminder Principle and Interest no longer show up in the projected balances, only the escrow portion shows up. Once the reminder is entered into the register it shows correctly for that payment, however future payments do not.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @MMasson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Can you please capture a screenshot of the detailed loan reminder screen? I want to see if there any details on the reminder that could explain the missing information in the transactions.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • MMasson
    MMasson Member
    I had an issue last week with my Escrow account in the mortgage reminder see Discussion "Split transactions with Multiple rows to the same account no longer works". I ended up creating a new Escrow account to fix the issue.

Now when I go to my mortgage account and edit monthly payment.
    001 I get the Loan Details Dialog
    002 I then edit the Other to enter the escrow portion
    003 I then check the loan reminder

I have deleted the reminder and re-created it from the Mortgage Account, that does not fix the issue
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Try changing, from your 3rd graphic, that 3rd split line from your escrow account to your mortgage loan account, while keeping the $0 amount.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • MMasson
    MMasson Member
    Changing the 3rd split line to mortgage account did not fix
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Line 3 in the split dialog is reserved for Extra Principal and must be transferred to the same mortgage account as line 1, as correctly stated by @NotACPA .
    Line 4 should be the sum of your escrow payments, transferred to your Escrow account. You don't need to break it into 2 parts for insurance and property tax. Once or twice a year the mortgage company pays tax and insurance from escrow. You need to record transactions in the escrow register in accordance with the mortgage statement for these payments.

BTW, which "projected balances" view are you talking about?
    A view portion of the loan account register views or the Bills & Income tab's Projected Balances view?
    Again, an image snapshot of that view would be helpful.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I break my escrow payments into 2 parts, differentiated by tags, as the Insurance and Tax Payments are taken at different times of the year and I want to be able to track them (in the Escrow account) independently.
    BTW, that injunction about the 3rd split line being reserved only applies to older versions of Q.  In the subscription product, my 3rd and 4th split lines are the escrow payments ... and it works as expected.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • MMasson
    MMasson Member
    I too am running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business. I had an issue last week with my escrow account https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20167213#Comment_20167213
    I ended up creating a new Escrow account to fix the split entry for my escrow. It now seams the issue is in the mortgage account where I actually create the reminder.
    I made a copy of my file and did a File Operation Validate. Then I deleted by mortgage payment reminder.
    I get what's in attachment as the newly created split transaction "004 Recreated Loan Reminder Split Transaction Dialog"
    It should be as in attachment "005 Loan Reminder Split Transaction Dialog corrected"
  • MMasson
    MMasson Member
    The Projected balanced I am referring to is Bills & Income. see attached screen shot
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue with the projected balance, in any view, not reflecting the mortgage payment total amount
  • MarcC
    MarcC Member
    I have a similar(?) or same problem. My mortgage payment shows up in the list of transactions for projected balances but does not get deducted from the account balance.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    MarcC said:
    I have a similar(?) or same problem. My mortgage payment shows up in the list of transactions for projected balances but does not get deducted from the account balance.

Which account balance are you talking about? The Checking account? Or the Loan account's balance?
    Is the loan account activated for transaction downloading? In that case, there's no loan transaction register available for use by Projected Balances. Deactivate the loan account register.
  • JHARVEY
    JHARVEY Member ✭✭
    edited May 20
    I have the same problem. I just created a new mortgage entry. I entered the loan details (have tracked 5 mortgages in Quicken over the years) and I told it, as I have done always in the past, to do the loan payment entries as Scheduled Reminders, not Memorized Payee. It does the split correctly between Principal and Interest and it shows up correctly in the list of Bills and Reminders. BUT when I look at the next year's of mortgage payments in my Checking account, it shows the planned transactions but does NOT show their total P&I in the Checking register, and it does not debit the amount of the total payment from the running future balance of the Checking account. Only when the loan payment is entered on/near its due date does the actual total appear in the register, and is debited. This is a serious bug that was introduced recently. I set up a car loan about 3 weeks ago and it shows up correctly in the Checking register so future Checking balances are debited and shown correctly. Not so this brand new mortgage.

MORE INFO: I just edited the scheduled payment after attempting to edit it to force it to show the total/debit it from the checking register properly. THIS TIME, my edit was simply to place a comment in the MEMO field. So in the middle of the box that shows the total, but not opening the split amounts, I typed "$1500" into the MEMO field just to remind myself that the missing total in the register would be $1500 as a total mortgage payment. I then saved the Scheduled payment still again. and low and behold, it started to SHOW the total payment in the Checking register for all the future scheduled entries, whereas up until then it was missing showing the $1500 total, and was not debiting $1500 from the checking register when it showed it at its due date. WHY placing something in the MEMO field caused it to correct itself, who the $%&^&$%#@ knows....
  • Lancelot
    Lancelot Member
    I had the same issue and was finally able to get the future transactions to show in projected balances. In my case, the issue appeared after applying a change to the loan interest rate. However, I was only able to get this to work by changing the account where the principal was being applied. If I changed it back to the correct account, the transactions disappeared again.
  • malukaly
    malukaly Member ✭✭
    Has this issue been resolved? I am still unable to see my Mortgage payment in the my forecast regardless if I change the account it is paid to or paid from.