Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

mortgage payment reminder Principle and Interest no longer show up in the projected balances

My mortgage payment reminder Principle and Interest no longer show up in the projected balances, only the escrow portion shows up. Once the reminder is entered into the register it shows correctly for that payment, however future payments do not.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @MMasson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

Can you please capture a screenshot of the detailed loan reminder screen? I want to see if there any details on the reminder that could explain the missing information in the transactions.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • MMasson
    MMasson Member
    I had an issue last week with my Escrow account in the mortgage reminder see Discussion "Split transactions with Multiple rows to the same account no longer works". I ended up creating a new Escrow account to fix the issue.

Now when I go to my mortgage account and edit monthly payment.
    001 I get the Loan Details Dialog
    002 I then edit the Other to enter the escrow portion
    003 I then check the loan reminder

I have deleted the reminder and re-created it from the Mortgage Account, that does not fix the issue
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Try changing, from your 3rd graphic, that 3rd split line from your escrow account to your mortgage loan account, while keeping the $0 amount.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • MMasson
    MMasson Member
    Changing the 3rd split line to mortgage account did not fix
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Line 3 in the split dialog is reserved for Extra Principal and must be transferred to the same mortgage account as line 1, as correctly stated by @NotACPA .
    Line 4 should be the sum of your escrow payments, transferred to your Escrow account. You don't need to break it into 2 parts for insurance and property tax. Once or twice a year the mortgage company pays tax and insurance from escrow. You need to record transactions in the escrow register in accordance with the mortgage statement for these payments.

BTW, which "projected balances" view are you talking about?
    A view portion of the loan account register views or the Bills & Income tab's Projected Balances view?
    Again, an image snapshot of that view would be helpful.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I break my escrow payments into 2 parts, differentiated by tags, as the Insurance and Tax Payments are taken at different times of the year and I want to be able to track them (in the Escrow account) independently.
    BTW, that injunction about the 3rd split line being reserved only applies to older versions of Q.  In the subscription product, my 3rd and 4th split lines are the escrow payments ... and it works as expected.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • MMasson
    MMasson Member
    I too am running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business. I had an issue last week with my escrow account https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20167213#Comment_20167213
    I ended up creating a new Escrow account to fix the split entry for my escrow. It now seams the issue is in the mortgage account where I actually create the reminder.
    I made a copy of my file and did a File Operation Validate. Then I deleted by mortgage payment reminder.
    I get what's in attachment as the newly created split transaction "004 Recreated Loan Reminder Split Transaction Dialog"
    It should be as in attachment "005 Loan Reminder Split Transaction Dialog corrected"
  • MMasson
    MMasson Member
    The Projected balanced I am referring to is Bills & Income. see attached screen shot