Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

What is Quicken doing about Synchrony Errors?

Since Quicken support refuses to address the most current post (dated 3/21/21) regarding CC-501 errors, I'll ask again. What are you doing to correct this error? Your suggested solution does not remedy this problem.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @whiz215

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.  We currently are seeing 501 issues with Synchrony that we're looking into. Currently we do not have an ETA when it will be fixed. I do apologize for an inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer

Hello @whiz215

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.  We currently are seeing 501 issues with Synchrony that we're looking into. Currently we do not have an ETA when it will be fixed. I do apologize for an inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• HES
    HES Member
    Same thing -- for 2-3 weeks
  • RiverRod
    RiverRod Member
    Same here for 2-3 weeks with Synchrony Savings account. Also, can't complete a file Validation without errors, all pointing to Synchrony. Be sure to back up your files BEFORE you try a Validation!
  • pantz9
    pantz9 Member
    Me too. It's been happening for a few weeks. I've reset the account (twice) and deactivated/reactivated. These actions are successful, but the problem continues in subsequent downloads. Also interesting, I am getting transactions despite the CC-501 error (Unable to update these accounts...). So perhaps this is just a false alarm (at least for me)? Also interesting, I have two different data files with a Synchrony Bank update. Only one of the two reports this error.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited April 7
    A CC-501 is, almost always, an error on the bank's end ...  which is why Q can't fix it or provide an ETA for the fix.
    And NOTE that the "Quicken Support" that's referenced is reached via the link in that message.  It's  NOT this forum.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Dr J G
    Dr J G Member ✭✭
    Still having the same problem I've been having for weeks. As someone said, it does download a transaction, but still gives the same CC-501 error
  • Nero
    Nero Member
    Same here CC-501 error,
  • JJS
    JJS Member
    I also have this problem. When using normal update method, I get no transactions and CC-501 error. If I reset the account, I get transactions downloaded and no error. However, that doesn't fix the problem, every time I use update, it fails. I have case number 8463392 open with tech support for over a week now but it's still not working.