Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Stop Printing Check task in Savings Account

Suddenly in an account set up as a savings account Quicken adds a task to print a check on a withdrawal.  This just started on an account after I reconciled it for last month (March).  There is no place in the register to delete "print" or "prn" or even a check number as suggested by others.  How do I change correct this?
Tagged:

Answers

• Johnweller
    Johnweller Member ✭✭✭
    OK I finally figured it out.  Go to edit transaction, use replacement function at the bottom of the dialogue box by selecting check number, in replace with box hit your space bar, click replace all button.  I am sure there is a more elegant way, but with the check number field not in the register ????
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Check Number or a "Print Check" request is stored in a field called either
    • "Check #" for Checking accounts or
    • "Reference #" for most other account types.
    Add this column to your registers by using the "Register columns" icon near the top right of the register.
    This unexpected Print request happens most often when you reuse a Memorized Payee List (MPL) entry which was set up for printing a check, but is now used for a different purpose.
    Remember to review and edit this MPL entry, removing the Print Check option, so it doesn't happen again next time.
    To get rid of unwanted "Print" requests in your account register just blank out the word "Print" in the Check # / Reference # field.
    You can sort the register by this column to easily find all unwanted "Print" requests.