Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

What to do about fields that don't match

Since the latest Quicken update, my imported banking transaction fields don't match and the categories are now totally wrong. Anyone know what happened?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Please elaborate.  What do you mean by the fields don't match?  An example of the categories being wrong would be helpful also.  Have you looked at your renaming  rules?
    Lastly, what Q product are you running and what BUILD of that product?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • valeriej
    valeriej Member
    I am using Quicken Deluxe Version R232.10, Build 27.1.32.10
    Imported bank transaction type will post to the Quicken payee field
    Imported bank payee will post to the Quicken memo field
    Imported bank category will show a transfer back to the same account

This has only started happening since the last Quicken update.
  • NotACPA
    This doesn't, actually, sound like a "update" issue (if it were, this forum would be lit up with similar complaints) but rather a corrupted database issue.
    SO,
    1. Take a backup (just in case)
    2. Do FILE, File Operations Validate and Repair
    3. Click "Validate File" and  "Rebuild Investing Lots"
    4. Click OK
    If this fixes the issue, or not, let us know.  There are additional steps possible, but this needs to be done first.
  • valeriej
    valeriej Member
    Sadly, it didn't make any difference. I ran the processes you suggested and did another import from my bank and had the same issues. A transfer from "account A" to "account B" still posts as a transfer to/from "account A" and the payee is still listed as a check number. In some cases the check number will be listed four times without a payee at all. I'm starting to think the bank has done something to its online banking system. They don't want to talk to me about it. So I guess I'm back to manually entering transactions.
    Thanks for your help!
  • NotACPA
    What financial institution is this being downloaded from?
    What's the connection method to this FI?  Do TOOLS, Account List and look in the "Financial Institution" column for the name as known to Q and the "Transaction Download" column for the download method.
    Also, if you feel like a bit of research, to HELP, Log Files, OFX Log.  Save this file to your desktop and open it with NotePad or WordPad (NOT MS Word).  Search UP from the bottom for the label <NAME>, including the marks on either side.  What value is associated with that label?