Delete Repeating Online Payments

I have had this issue for about 10 years and can't find a way to delete Scheduled Repeating Online Payments.
At the time, rather than allowing Quicken to update the deleted Repeating Online Payment via the Online Center to the bank, I deleted all the account information on the bank website first. This caused a disconnect between Quicken and the bank so I cannot delete the Repeating Online Payment from Quicken because it wants to connect to the bank for updating and there is nothing to connect to in the online bank account. The only option I have had is to Undo the pending deletion. I have found a way so it is not part of an actual scheduling with the bank but I want to permanently remove the Repeating Online Payments.
Super Validating the Quicken file even after marking the Repeating Online Payments as deleted does not fix the issue because as far as Quicken is concerned, it is not an error.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @misterruss,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you continue to experience this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and try the steps found in this support article regarding this topic.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • misterruss
    misterruss Member
    Unfortunately, none of the steps in the Support Article worked to resolve the issue within Quicken. The Rept-Cancel "Method" in the Repeating Online list does not get resolved, even after I perform the Online Update. The reason is there is not an associated Payee with the bank, so it returns with no result.
    When exiting Quicken, I receive the message to Cancel or Undo the Rept-Cancel waiting to be completed.
    Also, the bank has not occepted uploads/updates from Quicken in years, only downloads so attempting to alter the bank records will not work.
    I would hope there is another step that could be taken from within Quicken that would just nullify/delete the Repeating Online payment without any attempt to contact the bank.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @misterruss

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. In your case I would recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. That way we're able to figure out exactly what is happening. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I also have this problem.  It seems a Quicken design flaw for repeating transactions.
    In my case, I had a repeating transaction for 12 months.  After the 12 months were over, the FI removed the repeating transaction from their site but Quicken does not remove or allow deletion of the repeating transaction form the datafile.  An attempt to delete the transaction yielded an OL-359-A error "Your repeating payment instructions for ... could not be set up.  Your financial institution couldn't find the repeating transaction you selectred. "
    How do someone get rid of this expired scheduled transaction?

Is the bigger message to never use repeating online transactions from Quicken because they can never be deleted?
    Quicken Deluxe Subscription; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    The steps described at
    worked for me to delete the entry from Quicken.

"Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ladylawyer76

Thank you for the response although I apologize that your trouble continues to persist.

I would next recommend following the steps below to remove the payment instructions.
    1. Choose Tools menu >Bill and Income Reminders List and then select the Repeating Online tab.
    2. Click to select the repeating payment you want to delete.
    3. Press and hold the CTRL key and click Delete at the top of the scheduled transaction list.
    4. Quicken displays a message, "This will delete your payment instructions from Quicken. It will not send instructions to the payment center to stop making the payments. You should only use this on the advice of Quicken Technical Support." (The exact wording of this message may vary). Click OK.
    Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka"

Quicken Deluxe Subscription; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
This discussion has been closed.