Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Can't renew. Website Quicken.com is under maintenance.

PhotoCitizen
PhotoCitizen Member ✭✭
edited April 4 in Before you Buy
Quicken's shopping cart at https://www.quicken.com/shopping-cart/review has been down for 2 days now. There is no mention of this problem anywhere on the Quicken support site, but I did confirm it with customer service rep.

Because of this outage, I cannot renew my subscription online which expired for some reason, even though it was set to auto-renew.

The rep offered to renew for me, but I don't like to give credit card info over the phone.

When will the site be online again?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @PhotoCitizen

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you are having this trouble. What you are experiencing is a known issue.

I do not have an ETA that I can provide on when this will be corrected. The order will need to be processed by support directly or you may consider purchasing from a 3rd party. 

I apologize for any inconvenience and frustration that this has caused.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • PhotoCitizen
    PhotoCitizen Member ✭✭
    It has now been 5 days and the shopping cart page for Quicken is still "under maintenance." This seems like something Quicken would want to fix ASAP because your customers are trying to give you money, but can't. Do you have any updates on the status?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @PhotoCitizen

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here I was trying to checkout and noticed that when i did proceed normally through the purchase process that it would work normally but using the link it would 404. One thing I would attempt is a different browser to purchase the product from Quicken.com then see if you're able to continue through the ordering process. 

If you're still having issues afterwards please let us know so that we're able to take a further look.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• PhotoCitizen
    PhotoCitizen Member ✭✭
    I've used two different devices, my phone and my pc. They both result in the ""under maintenance" screen showing up when I click the "Submit" button. Also, I've tried opening Quicken on my PC and then clicking the "Submit Order" button. After about a minute, I get the "under maintenance" screen. I tried it again just now with the same failure.

I don't understand what you mean when you say, " I was trying to checkout and noticed that when i did proceed normally through the purchase process that it would work normally." What do you consider "normal"?

Keep in mind this is a RENEWAL I'm trying to process, not a new purchase.
  • PhotoCitizen
    PhotoCitizen Member ✭✭
    Here are some screenshots from my PC.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @PhotoCitizen

Thank you for the response and the additional details. Are you able to complete the renewal from the Quicken page here?

Please note a renewal and a new purchase are essentially the same things if you are already an existing customer. There will not be a difference in product or price regardless of renewing or purchasing a new product.

Please let me know how it goes!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • PhotoCitizen
    PhotoCitizen Member ✭✭
    I've tried the link you posted in both my regular browser, Firefox, and one I never use, Microsoft Edge. In both cases, I reached the "Quicken.com is under maintenance" page. Am I the only one reporting this issue? I'm picking up a physical copy of the software today at BestBuy, so that I don't have to wait for Quicken to resolve this issue.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 8
    Are you trying to access the Canadian website to purchase by chance? I only ask since the header (URL) on your "Quicken Under Maintenance" site appears to be Canadian.  https://us.v-cdn.net/6031128/uploads/editor/l6/lgsl94z7e6ey.jpg

If you are, disregard my question.
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier
  • PhotoCitizen
    PhotoCitizen Member ✭✭
    No, I was using the U.S. site. I've never accessed the Canadian site and didn't even know there was one. Which part of the site URL that you mentioned indicates to you that it is Canadian?
  • PhotoCitizen
    PhotoCitizen Member ✭✭
    I finally solved this problem. I bought a physical CD copy of the Quicken software from BestBuy.com and used the activation code included to update my subscription. It would have been much easier if Quicken would have fixed their shopping cart software, but that doesn't seem to be something they plan to do any time soon.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No, I was using the U.S. site. I've never accessed the Canadian site and didn't even know there was one. Which part of the site URL that you mentioned indicates to you that it is Canadian?
    Wasn't sure, but wondered when I saw (/us.v-cdn.net) as part of the URL.  
    Regardless, glad you got re-upped.  Sorry it was a pain. 
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier