Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Lost Access to my Quicken file and all my history

I have been using Q for a very long time. The last version I bought was the 2017 Home and Business version. I never used online services and was happy having my data on my Hard disc. I did not want to upgrade.
This morning, on starting Q, it went through some automatic update, and after this I lost access to my local file. It kept giving me errors and for registration and need to upgrade and an error on exceeding max number of datasets.
I contacted support and they told me that they could not help me as they have no tools to reverse whatever upgrade was forcibly done. I mentioned that I bought the 2017 version and, although product discontinued, I could use its features for ever, at least be able to read my accounts with 20 years of history. They said sorry. I said that on the discontinuation notice, it allows users to continue using the version they bought without support.
I find this incident of forcefully upgrading a user and forcing him to pay a subscription is unethical. I paid the fee to buy previous versions of Q. I do not use and do not need features or online connections of new releases. I need to be able to continue using the 2017 paid version and have full access to my accounts and data.
Please help me to find a way to use my Q file, at least have access to the history.
Appreciate the help.
Regards
George N

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest downloading the final Q2017 patch available from the link below and reinstall over the existing failed update.

Quicken Patches - QuicknPerlWiz
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • George N
    George N Member
    Thank you for your suggestion. It has not solved the problem. The software has a different look from before. The update seems to have affected the data file as it shows no data. The backup files are also not working.

I appreciate any further suggestions and ways to at least read my historical data.

Thanks
    George N
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you certain you have Q2017? The version you downloaded should look exactly the same. You can check using Help>About.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • George N
    George N Member
    Yes, I have Q2017, Version R20.5, Build 26.1.20.5
    My files appear empty, even the Backups.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 7
    George N said:
    Yes, I have Q2017, Version R20.5, Build 26.1.20.5
    My files appear empty, even the Backups.
    I don't see at R20.5 - only the R20.15 - which is from 2019 ?

Release R20.15 (US Versions, July 2019

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10