Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

[How] Do I delete an Online payment?

I created an Online payment yesterday, I selected the organization, and my username and password. It then created the payment for the full amount each month. This is not what I wanted to do, can I cannot find any way to delete the payment setup

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Mctabish

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available herePlease let me know if these steps work to resolve the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Mctabish
    Mctabish Member
    Additional details...
    I have tried to search, but did not find anything that led me to a solution..

I am getting into a major pickle as this will send out a second payment that will cause many items to bounce!.
    I have quicken 2014 and I see NO way to delete this online instruction. All I see when I click on the drop down which currently says PAY
    Enter
    Refresh Bill
    Link to Reminder
    Rename biller
    Go to biller website

But no cancel, edit delete etc...
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @Mctabish

Thank you for the response and the additional details. The 2014 version has been discontinued for some time. When a product is discontinued there is no longer online access for things such as bill pay.

Can you please open Quicken and navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the year and release that you are running?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Mctabish
    Mctabish Member
    This screen reports Version R32.10 Build 27.132.10

This screen does not show the year. but across the top of the title bar, it shows:
    "Quicken Home, Business, & rental Property - 2014 - [home]"

You state:
    "discontinued there is no longer online access for things such as bill pay."
    Yet, it seems it did set it up.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    2014.QDF is the name of your Quicken data file.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Mctabish
    Mctabish Member
    Since the software allowed me to create the online payment, there has to be a way to canel or kill the payment!
    How? I do not even see an option to do that.

I do not want o forever have to tell it it PAID.

Or am I just looking at the wrong screen and don't need to worry?
    This is one the BILLS & INCOME then on the BILLS screen.
    How can I verify that this will not seen out payments automatically??? Or that an online payment was not created?

I am panicking and I need to figure this out! Is everything going to bunce or is my mortgage even going to get paid???
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @Mctabish

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. In this case I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. This will allow us to view and guide you through canceling the payment and answering any additional questions you may have. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• Quicken_Tyka
    Hello @Mctabish

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response. 

If you have not done so already, please take a moment to review the steps in the following support articles.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-delete-repeating-online-payment

https://www.quicken.com/support/cannot-delete-online-payment-or-payee

Please let us know if these steps help to resolve the issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Mctabish
    Mctabish Member
    Att: Quicken Francisco ,
    I have reach out via chat and they said they do not support 2014 and would not offer me ANY solution. I was suprised they did not even point me here.
    The fact that it allowed me to set this up, there has to be a way to delete it, even in an obsolete product, as this is people money at risk.

BTW, the subject line should have been "HOW Do I delete an Online payment?" if you can add "How" at the beginning.

---
    Att Tyka ,
    The links do not show the same screens I did see the Online Payee and did delete it, but I do still see it on the other screen that I have been seeing it on. The screen I am seeing is one the "green colored" menu bar in the "Bills & Income. Then under BILLS.

I am starting to think I my not have done an online payment like I thought and was trying to do. I think that I may have setup a link with an "Online Biller". This is a feature that I have not used and I just got an update, so I thought this was a new interface...

Is there a way to delete a link to an online payee (this is for my Mortgage btw)

I thought I was setting up an Online Repeating payment and that is why I was so scared, but the more I am looking, that is not what I did...

I guess I will find out on the 22nd. If everything starts to bounce!
  • Mctabish
    Mctabish Member
    Resolved! I just don't know what the heck I was doing! It was an link to an Online Repeating. I found directions to delete it, but could not find the "Gear" Well the freakin' screen was not opened enough.
    I am now, not panicking!

Thanks for your assistance! Even though I totally started off with the totally wrong issue, you did get me guided to to solution!

Thank you very much!
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 13
    You do not have Quicken 2014. As I mentioned in my rejected response above, the "2014" in the Quicken window title bar is the name of your data file 2014.QDF.

The release number 27.1.32.10 indicates current Quicken subscription, which of course is supported.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.