Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Venmo Downloads Note into Payee

When downloading Venmo to Quicken for Mac Premium, the Note filed goes into Payee. I would expect Payee to go into Payee.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @rhbronstein

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community although, I apologize that you haven't received a response. I have a test I would like to perform to help me further isolate this issue.

Can you please open the Venmo account in Quicken and navigate to "Columns" in the bottom right-hand corner and add the "Statement Payee."

Once this has been added, does this show the correct payee or is this also listed as the memo/note?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • rhbronstein
    rhbronstein Member
    No, the Statement Payee is the same as the Payee.
    Thank you,
    Robin
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The "Statement Payee" shows exactly what is being downloaded from the financial institution, without any modification by Quicken. So if you are not getting the Payee name in the Statement Payee field, then the problem is with Venmo, not Quicken, and you're going to need to contact Venmo. (Or you could contact Quicken Support and try to get a support representative to watch your screen, confirm the problem with the data, and see if Quicken will escalate this with Venmo. But since it's not Quicken's fault, I don't know if that would go anywhere.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993