Index symbols

I download security prices daily and until recently (don't know exactly when) indeces were included, inx and dji. Now although I get no error indications the s&p and dow data is not changing. I tried changing the symbols in the security details today to INDEX:SPX and INDEXSP:.INX and a couple of other variations with no effect. Have the symbols changed to something else completely or has Quicken changed something that ignores index symbols??

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @wiiiindy

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I was able to successfully add both the DJI and SPX, so the issue does not appear to be a global change.

This is the Security Detail view, where are you seeing this issue in Quicken? Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    @wiiiindy NOTE, in Tyka's graphics, that the security type is set to INDEX.  Setting it as any other security type won't do what you want.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • wiiiindy
    wiiiindy Member ✭✭
    Tyka, My screen looks just like your examples except there are no quotes and it will not update current nor download historical prices. I have Quicken set to open to my checking account. To get to the same detail view as your example I click on "Investing" in the top menu (Home, Spending, Bills&Income, etc.). I click the name of the security or index I am interested and the detail view is displayed.
    Would reinstalling Quicken do any good? Would that mean redoing all the setup? Sure wish I knew what was going on.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Hello @wiiiindy

Thanks for the update and letting us know more details. I'm wondering if the update just potentially isn't connecting properly to the aggregator to update the information you're missing. I'm wondering if we might be able to take a quick step of signing out and back in to see if we're able to get connectivity. I'll leave steps down below.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Once you've done this let us know if we're able to get the indexes updating properly. Let us know when you get the chance.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco