Verizon Wireless Decline

I just received the following error when I tried to pay my Verizon Wireless bill. "Quicken was unable to process your payment because Verizon Wireless will only accept card-based payments. Your payment has been cancled." Any idea what this is about??

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 11
    Hello @driverjw

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

I have taken a look at your biller profile and see that you have successfully made payments to Verizon in the past and not received this message.

The profile contains the same error message you received "Your payment was canceled because Verizon Wireless will only accept card payments." This message is coming directly from the biller.

If you login into Verizon and attempt to pay the bill are you only given the option to pay with a card?

Please let me know what you find.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭
    No I just paid with my bank account just fine. Do I need to contact them to ask them something?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    @driverjw

Thanks for letting us know. I'm wondering if it was a one time thing or if it's Verizon's preferred way of paying. In your case I would recommend trying to wait and see if it does happen again next month. If it does it would be best to contact Verizon and see if they have any additional information on the issue. Once you do get the chance let us know if the same issue persists next month. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Crazy4Happy
    Crazy4Happy Member ✭✭
    I just wanted to post that I just had this exact SAME issue (with my Verizon payment). Received a message that they would only accept card payment, but I was able to go online and pay with my checking account. I'm honestly getting VERY frustrated with Quicken. I'm down to only two places where I can actually pay electronically through Quicken. All others I'm having to go direct to through the merchant site to pay. This was never the case when things were handled through Metavante. SUPER frustrated. I now also have one that has a payment due on June 10th and every time I try to pay it tells me I can't schedule anything past 5/21. So, I might now be down to one I can pay through Quicken.

Wondering if the person that reported this in April was able to make the May payment through Quicken.
  • driverjw
    driverjw Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately I got the same error message again when trying to pay this month. Can someone on the quicken side open a ticket with Verizon?