The calendar balances are way off from the register balances. How do I fix this?

The calendar shows wildly negative balances; the balances in the account panel on the left are correct. I tried reconciling, resetting accounts; nothing fixes it. It only happens on my Chase accounts; it's fine on my other bank accounts.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

More details, please. There are several ways to show a Calendar in Quicken and each of them may or may not be able to be customized individually. Which Calendar view(s) are you referring to?

What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release of Quicken are you using?   US or Canadian version?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• ScottStieg
    ScottStieg Member
    It's Windows 10 Starter Edition, but had the same problem with Deluxe whatever edition I had before. I'd post the screen shot but don't see any icons above this box to attach it with. The balances in the calendar are all way negative while the balances in the left account panel are correct. That's it.
  • MMinderbinder
    MMinderbinder Member
    Is it possible that you have transactions with dates in the future? Quicken gives a calendar view of the balances as well as the register view which includes all transactions, including those that have not yet occurred.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It's Windows 10 Starter Edition, but had the same problem with Deluxe whatever edition I had before. I'd post the screen shot but don't see any icons above this box to attach it with. The balances in the calendar are all way negative while the balances in the left account panel are correct. That's it.
    Until you get enough points that you get the icon for including an image you can drag and drop an image file on the comment box to attach it.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The calendar shows wildly negative balances; the balances in the account panel on the left are correct. I tried reconciling, resetting accounts; nothing fixes it. It only happens on my Chase accounts; it's fine on my other bank accounts.

AFAIK, the daily balances in a Calendar view reflect the sum total of all accounts included in the Calendar view. So, if all your bank accounts are shown, including a mortgage account and/or your credit card accounts, a negative daily balance will be possible.
    The gear icon or Options button should have a "Select Calendar accounts" option, to add or remove accounts from the Calendar.