My cloud data is accurate but the named file for it has inaccurate data on my desktop

I spent a few hours updating my information on my desktop, saved it to the cloud, saved a backup for the same data but for some reason the datafile and the cloud backup do not have the correct information. I can still see it on my cloud details as long as I do not sync but need to find the datafile that matches the cloud data - the one it references does not match unless I am looking in the wrong place for the file. Any help is appreciated. I am not a quicken noobie and I know my way around computers - I have looked at Appdata, the logs, even EventViewer for any clues but can't find any. Has anyone run into this before and if so, how did you solve it? I am a current subscriber to Quicken and have the latest and greatest version installed on my WIndows 10 desktop.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭

The Quicken Cloud transmits your information between Quicken Desktop, Quicken on the Web, and Quicken Mobile, but it is not a backup service. You can't restore Quicken data from the Quicken Cloud, and you can't access the Quicken Cloud from anywhere except the desktop, web or mobile Quicken products.

Furthermore, the Quicken Mobile App and Quicken on the Web are companion apps designed to sync with the desktop software.

How to Set Up and Sync Accounts from Quicken to Mobile/Web | Quicken

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • DaveG
    DaveG Member
    .Right so then how do you explain where my desktop has invalid data and says it has not been updated since January but my cloud data is currently updated - I did all the activity on my desktop, saved it, backed it up, synced to the cloud. The cloud shows accurate, my desktop does not. I can't explain it and I thought it works how you explained it.
  • DaveG
    DaveG Member
    I was on a support screen share with Quicken support - they too have no idea what happened but was able to show them the data on the cloud in a web view along with my desktop data. They did not offer up a reason as to what happened nor did they offer up a solution. I will need to recreate what is different from the web - good news is I have a good comparison source to use. One thing to note about my particular situation - I had downgraded from Quicken Rental and Property Manager to Quicken Deluxe - not sure if that has anything to do with it or not but that is one nuance of my situation. I am disappointed that Quicken support could not show me where this went wrong...
  • DaveG
    DaveG Member
    The mystery continues.... tonight I decided to upgrade to Quicken Premier from Quicken Deluxe for the Bill Payer feature. Nothing crazy there, it just auto updates in the background. I was searching for a better file to make all my updates to and I picked one I reviewed prior that day with the Quicken support engineer that was incorrect when we both viewed it. Only this time, when I opened it, all of my data was now accurate and matched EXACTLY what my previous cloud data had -if that doesn't prove that messing with upgrades and downgrades has strange effects - I do not know what does. I am just glad it is now back to normal. Wish I could contact the support engineer who I worked with as he was as perplexed as I was.